Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen this yet? was googeling some things this morning and found this article about some scientist testing beer on a Boxer. Will this hurt the dog? Dont think this would be a good idea.
Boxer drinks beer

·
Registered
977 Posts
I think this chap should have his dog confiscated - what a prat :(  - not a nice thing to do to your dog just for a bit of media attention :x .
Unfortunately there's some truth in it because i've caught Voltaire licking at an abandoned beer can in the garden and 'begging' for beer if someone's drinking it :roll:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hank went with me to cookout last night and knocked over a bottle and started licking what little bit that came out. It worried me because I did not know what it would do to him. The rest of the time we were there, If I had a bottle in my hand, he wanted it. It was cute seeing him licking on a bottle that I had in my hand, but was afraid he was wamting more.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
It definitely is harmful, even more so for a puppy. Angel loves beer and always is nosing around for a sip. To put it in perspective, a full grown boxer weighs about 65 lbs, give or take, a human weighs at least double that. So if you think what one beer can do to a human, imagine what would happen to a dog!

I'm with Caillou, The idiot that did that should have his boxer taken away from him...People seem to find that very humorous, then when their dog keels over, it's not so funny...

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Hops, a plant used in making beer, can cause malignant hyperthermia in dogs, usually with fatal results. Certain breeds, such as Greyhounds, seem particularly sensitive to hop toxicity, but hops should be kept away from all dogs. Even small amounts of hops can trigger a potentially deadly reaction, even if the hops are "spent" after use in brewing.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
My brother YRS ago when throwing an unsupervised party at my parents while they were out of town gave Pepper (a terrier) and Nikki (the chi I have) some beer. They don't have any problems... I was MAD THOUGH! All the GUYS thought it was hilarious and it didn't really even affect them... in their actions anyway. Of course my brother didn't care that I was mad... I'm the 11 yr old that's pretty much in the way of GOING OUT... since they're suppose to watch me.

LOL that got long... I think the dog should be taken away from this idiot.

·
Registered
186 Posts
harley is always trying to get a sip of beer when we have one, sometimes she will knock them over purposley to get a sip. we dont give it to her though and make her stop licking it. if she does get a sip thats all she gets, maybe once a yr.  iw ouldnt feed it to her though

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I really think this guy is an ass and he needs his animal(s) taken from him. Now he wants to try and get them high?  :aua: Some people!

·
Registered
508 Posts
I am not going to lie i have given Zeus and Dante a little bit of beer but it wasnt ever a whole bottle or can nor was it even close to half. I have given them a few sips but it has been like 3 times out  of the whole time i had brought them home.
          But this guy took it too far i believe, making him drink as much as they let him. Especially letting him do a beer funnel with that long of a tube at one time. That could be harmful. You cant actually say that the dog liked the beer as much as they say he did. Most dogs will eat or drink anything you put before them. Especially liquid if you arent letting them drink water to quench their thirst.

And now he wants to get him HIGH? what an idiot. I would take the dog from him.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
ok i missed this some how- my question is what research is this for? I mean duh! animals like beer after seeing the dog lap it after two or three times that much is obvious so why do this for 4 weeks. What is the benefit dog getting this poor dog drunk? and then the next experiment of Cannabis sativa on the cat? WTF?? sounds like these guys get a kick out of possibly hurting these poor animals. I look at it just like with kids. Would you give a 5 yr old kid only beer to drink for 4 weeks? no- what about having them smoke something?? no. idiots!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
When I was a kid we had some friends that had a bar in the basement with a keg - the two boxers knew how to go up the hit the tap and drink it out of the basin that catches the drippings.  

They were always yelling at them to get out from behind the bar....

·
Registered
270 Posts
Ok that is just wrong!! Have read and heard that it is NOT good to give dogs beer!!  My sisters boyfriend...when his bulldog was alive, would give her beer.  The dog did, however, seek out beer!  It was weird!   would NEVER give beer to my dog.....that just seems not right!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts