Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

Boxer foot wound

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  MikeDozer 
#1 ·
My two year old boxer has been licking and been bothered by his foot with the wound lately. Both feet are red but one has a wound. I’m not sure when it appeared but it looks almost like an irritated wound/abrasion. We have recently returned from a holiday to the beach and he has swum in the ocean. I was wondering if this was related or not? We have already applied some antiseptic as soon as we saw this. Was wondering if I should be concerned or not, though it looks minor.
Nose Eye Felidae Human body Dog breed
Eye Human body Whiskers Fawn Dog breed
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Whiskers Fawn
Nose Eye Felidae Human body Dog breed
Eye Human body Whiskers Fawn Dog breed
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Whiskers Fawn

See less See more
#2 ·
Well it is a Boxer and darn near anything "could be serious?" But it looks' like mostly, some kind of abrasion wound? Paw injuries can be tough to treat because dog's walk on there feet and stuff. :)

And most of the "usual topic stuff," is just gonna disappear? What I use for paw injurie's as well as other abrasions' and stuff is "Well Horse." It's an All Natural Antibiotic and it also works like a "Liquid bandage." You just paint it on and it does not matter if he licks it off, as it still works as an antibiotic. But you know try and keep him from licking it until it dries.

And it does not sting and can go on open wounds, ie road rash. You can find it at "Feed & Grain Stores," or Horsey type stores. That should take care of it in a week or two. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.