Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, I'm looking at getting a Halloween costume for my boxer but I am having a hard time finding her one online. Does anyone know of a good online website that have ones that fit boxers or one you've used in the past that was good? Shes between #60-#65 and her chest girth is 30". The ones I'm seeing max out around 27-28" on chest which is making it hard to find.
Thanks in advance for you suggestions & help.

·
Registered
621 Posts
When my previous male boxer used to go to daycare parties it was hard most of them don't go around the chest area so what I did was buy a little larger size and take it up some with needle and thread. I don't remember the name of the maker of this costume but I got it off amazon. My boy is no longer with me but he did love to go to these parties and didn't mind dressing up! The football shirt I got at Petsmart and I had to buy larger and sew that one in to make it fit the size he should have worn was way too tight thru the chest. I hope you find something for your dog to wear!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Boxer's can be seriously hard to fit with coat's clothes and stuff and "Boot's," are especially stuff. As Boxer's have tiny feet. :)

In person so you can "try," whatever on the dog is usually best. I found a "Pumpkin Costume for, my Struddell at "Petco." many year's ago. Now most of there "stuff," and the more exotic costume's are of course for "Tiny/Small Dog's." But occasionally they have some "real dog stuff." :)

My girl was the same spec' s as yours. And that costume, fit her like a glove. It was a Orange coat and a pumpkin hat!

She looked soo, cute in it!! But the rest of the story?? While she looked so cute in the whole Coat and Hat, outfit. She would only Humor, Daddy's "Maddens??" With the "Pumpkin Hat," for about 30 second's! Coat's were fine but hat's were too much!

She'd not wear her "KONG," hat either!! So, I always had to settle for a coat, sweater or T shirt. But she did luv Halloween, cuz you know everybody was coming over to see her! My WL GSD however ... was not really a fan of that holiday. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts