Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi! Ive been a boxer mom to Gus for 4 1/2 ys. Hes an amazing dog!! My story on Gus: on June 8th he began vomiting and diarrhea and had bumps on his skin by the 9th still the same symptoms. He lost a lot a weight fast. By Saturday he bumps had bursted open into deep lesions. *His fur was falling out and it continued to spread. We took him to the vet, they wouldn't say straight but informed us its most likely cutaneous lymphoma. We got a biopdy done and are still waiting for the results. *Hes been put on cephalexin. He started to eat again, play, got his energy back. His skin is crusting over, but still open and oozing in some spots. It looked like everything was healing, This morning i had noticed more bumps appeared in different area of his body, and a raised pink flat spot ontop of his head. *The vet is not giving me anymore advice or anything and to me, this feels more different than cancer. He had No signs prior it just came suddenly and fast. Has this happened tp anyone else??? What was your outcome??

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Aw man I'm so sorry accept for a very narrow scope medical is not my thing. But there are members here that have a lot of experience in the medical stuff. Only advise I could offer is a different vet. :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive only seen one other boxer on this sight with the same exact thing posted years ago that was 18m old. There was no update on the condition tho :( thank you for the advise

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope so too. There doesn't seem to be anything or anyone who has experienced this. Can't find much on the internet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts