Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 9 week old Boxer named Copper, when he sits his right leg shakes a little and it looks a little out of place at the joint when he shakes. He does not show signs like he is hurt. He runs around like crazy and is a maniac. Is this something to be concerned about or is he still in his development stage.

Or should this be looked at. Again he shows no sign of pain and he runs like a champ?

·
Registered
381 Posts
If he's only 9 weeks old the surely you'll have him at the vet within the next few weeks.  Just ask the vet about it then.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Titan legs did the same thing but it was both of them.  It went on for a couple days I am decided to take him to the vet becuase I thought the same thing.  When I got to the vet they didn't have an answer for me they just said there is nothing wrong with him health wise they said all his body parts were intact and nothing was out of place so unless he acts bothered by it just from experience I would say he is fine and it will pass.

·
Registered
27 Posts
This is exactly the same question i've been asking myself.  My boxer puppy is almost 10 weeks old and when she sits or walks her font legs bow outwards.  I would have to say it's the joint right above the foot, so an ankle joint.  We were just at the vet's the other day and the vet said everything was fine on her.  And judging from no one really responding to this post, i'm guess it she will grow out of it and it has to do with her growth plates.

·
Registered
522 Posts
My first boxer(Cooper)had same think happening.The vet said it's nothing ,it will happen to some pupps.It can change in just few days and then come back again to different leg.My pupps leg would bow to the right and then to the left.He was eventually just fine.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
this happens to Maple when she is anxious, like when I make her sit for her food and all she wants to do is dive into that bowl lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts