Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a one year old girl boxer she is very well behaved apart from 2 annoying habits! She constantly jumps up at people in excitement, she means no harm but I don’t want her thinking it’s ok behaviour especially as she’s a big dog do t want her accidentally hurting Anyone. She is also a serious side surfer! She will get anything she can from off the kitchen side or table then runs outside with it to her hiding spot 🙈 just wondering of any tips to correct this behaviour? I have attached a mugshot off the culprit 🤣🤣
Dog Plant Dog breed Carnivore Collar

Dog Plant Dog breed Carnivore Collar

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Bulldog Fawn

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Whiskers Companion dog

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
She’s very cute looks like she’s a handful! The side surfing thing can be cured by being restricted from the kitchen or keeping stuff out of her reach. The jumping is harder, she should only get to meet people after she has seen them for a bit on the leash let her calm down over the new person then allow her to greet them in a calm manner no high voices. I would suggest you consult a good trainer for help with this. A lot of time this resolves with age she is still very much a puppy in her mind

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou for your reply, I do try to keep things out of reach but I have 2 boys that seem to forget to put things away! Think I need to train them too 😂 it’s not just new people it’s anyone she sees Iv got her under control while out walking I make her sit until the person walks by then Praise her and carry on walking, she is in the kitchen with the run of the garden with my other boxer (he doesn’t show this behaviour) So whenever I go in the kitchen she’s constantly jumping up at me or anyone that goes in Iv tries positive ignorance an only stroking her when she’s calm and sat, which works but then it all goes out the window the next time I go in and have to do it al again 🙄

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Just wonder how much excersise does she get? I think a lot of the excited jumping is being a puppy maybe you should take her to training classes I think some dogs are much worse about the jumping than others don’t give up her though she’s adorable!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts