Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is some good information of Boxer Markings and Colors.

However this is a European site, so they will refer to the fawn as reds etc.  All in all the Boxer has the same stardard around the world, just some interpret it different.  I love the Euro look, its my personal preference, hence why my dogs will have a heavier structure than some of the NA lines.

http://www.boxersvonandremar.com/grafix ... skings.htm

- you will notice that the Euros have a heavier build, and here is another link to explain the difference in Euros, UK, and NA lines.

http://www.worldwideboxer.com/style.html

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Ah, I love the European boxers...their heads definitely look different, but I always thought they looked very majestic :)

Great sites, I love to drool over handsome boxers...

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Thanks Hanna I spent about 4 hours the other day reading the entire article by Judy Horton, an All Breeds Judge from Melbourne, Australia with over  forty years experience with our breed.  It's a lot to absorb, but does explain things so that we can all know what to look for.  It's a must read as far as I'm concerned if one really is interested in buying a boxer or evaluating your own boxer for showing.  She really explains the breed standard so that anyone can see exactly what judges are looking for and certainly helps those people that want to breed what to look for to breed to to get or eliminate certain characteristics.  It also shows top winning dog without the ears cropped and ears docked.  Something for everyone.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I could go on reading articles forever with regards to location and boxers.

Here is another interesting one, and at the end has examples of winning dogs compared to each other.  Some are tops dogs with floppy others with cropped.  Its interesting.

http://www.boxerunderground.com/bu2000/ ... _alone.htm

I also love looking up pedigrees.   I could do it all day if I did not have to work:)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh my, I am drooling all over my keyboard..Excalibur, oh he is awesome....What a gorgous dog, and Cassanova, well he looks awesome too! And he's 8 yrs old? He looks fantastic.... :)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Yea, you can see that silver starting to creep up on him, but then I'm rather partial to those "distuinguished seniors" :) ...He still looks awesome...He definitely has a presence about him....

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, he is aging well, kinda like the Sean Connery of boxers!  ha ha ha.  probablly would have the accent if he could talk too!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
the only issue that i would have is the very first link has a "black" boxer.  when there is no such thing, shouldnt that not be shown? I think excalibur is gorgeous!! of course hanna is to :D

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There is no such thing term wise as a black boxer.  Its called a "sealed brindle"    A reverse brindle is when there is more black showing and less fawn.   A sealed brindle is when there is no fawn showing therefore giving a color of "black".  

The example says its a fault "black" when tecnically it should say "Sealed Brindle" because there is no fawn showing.

Make any sense?

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
We had a new member at our last meetup, brought a young puppy that he was also saying was black..Grrr..He was definitely a "sealed brindle", but when I said that to him, it's like "oh no, the breeder said he's a rare black boxer. Tried to explain that there is no gene for that..I saw his eyes kinda glaze over a bit..hmm, ok I'm not getting anywhere with this...So I dropped it...They do look black tho!!! Gorgous shiny coats....

·
Registered
627 Posts
Ok, so now I understand the Reverse Brindle...I used to think that it meant "black".

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
between Reverse Brindle and Dark Brindle?
Nope not really.  A dark brindle is just more dark and less fawn, which is the same as a reverse IMO.  Some people dont like to use the word reverse.  A brindle is a brindle is a brindle whether is has two stripes or is completely covered.   Just some slang terminology to descripe the level of brindling I guess!

·
Registered
316 Posts
DH and I saw a pair of boxers this weekend.  They both had shorter muzzles and thicker/ deeper chests and heavier bodies like the Uk boxer.  Dh said he didn't care for them as much as the NA boxer (AKA Ginsy  :wink: ) He thought they look more like rottweilers.  

So my guess is that when the time comes for us to get another puppy that it will also have to be NA body type rather than the heavier type :roll:   I like them both- I just love the breed :lol:

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Its all a matter of preference.  I have my two favorites -

From NA Lines - I love "King"   Have seen him in person, and just in awe of this dogs presence

Then I have my Italian Boyfriend "Ago" -

Two champions, two different looks.   Its all in what you like toplines, heads, angulation in the rear, shoulders, muzzle, eyes, etc....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts