Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've mentioned this before but want to reemphasize--this is my first boxer ever and i'm finding myself questioning everything.  why does she do that?  is she okay?  should she do this? etc, etc. etc.  my latest concern is her behavior indoors when we aren't playing or she's not stimulated.   she'll get all moopey and sulky-like and give you the most pitiful face.  so then i think i should get her riled up with play but she seems less interested and i'll go on doing what i was doing.  she'll just ly on her bed and either sleep or just watch us.  

and i'm usually NOT a worrier or a hypo-anything; i just feel such responsibility and concern for our little rescue that i want to make sure we're noticing all the right signs and behavior.  so, is this normal behavior for a boxer?  i've heard they can be kinda stubborn but never really heard much about them being moody.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Hmmm...sounds pretty normal to me...mine lay around and they have the pathetic look mastered!LOL! It's just one of the many facets they have to their personality...sleepy, drowsy, hyper-burn, playful,  mischevious, pouting, you name it...the only time I would REALLY classify it as a sulk is when I tell one of them "No" about something they REALLY want...there is NO mistaking the sulk then...they flop down and show no interest in anything while giving me "that look"! LOL!

Don't worry about sounding "hypo anything" we all are...there is something different about a Boxer...I have had other dogs and never felt the way I do with these two...the really are family!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Sounds like a typical boxer to me..Mine have always done that, matter of fact right now, Angel is laying behind me and keeps doing the big sigh thing...Then I'll get "the stare"....Lol, it's normal...Mine also "pine" terribly when one of us leaves, oh man, they sit by the door forever, waiting and waiting and waiting..... :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
hehe...Jaxon sighs a lot.  He'll run over and grab and toy, I avoid eye contact just to play along with his *game*.  He'll run around and toss it in the air by himself like "look how much fun I'M having" lol..he cracks me up.  Then after a minute or so of me ignoring him, he'll sulk on his bed and sigh, not just once, but over and over, until I pay attention to him.  If he's really ready to play he'll whine in between sighs.  They've got so much personality!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Oh yeah..typical! I get the :sigh: and then the :stare: all the time. Pitiful!  :wink:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, thanks everyone.  yes, of all the other dogs i've had (borzoi, rottweiler, schnauser, golden, lab, etc.) none have done this so i was hoping it was just "a boxer thang."  ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts