Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! We adopted our puppy about 2 months ago. He is almost 6 months old. Does anyone know what he may be mixed with by his pic?? He was actually listed as a lab mix. Other thing is he stinks like dog. That's the only way I can describe it lol. We love him of course regardless, but does anyone have recommendations? We brought him for a professional bath and then a month later gave him a home bath. Tried a couple different dog sprays. Thanks!! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
He looks kinda pitbullish to me, a lot of shelters will call dogs like this lab mix’s because pitbiulls reputation are not good. I guess if you really want to know you could get a doggy dna test. I have heard several people describe a very strong dog odor with some pitbulls and hounds do have an odor, i don’t know if there is a lot you can do about that but do regular baths just not too much it will dry out his skin. Just enjoy your puppy work with him on obedience he looks very sweet.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
He certainly is a cute pup! Hard to tell what he could be mixed with, best option is a DNA test. I think I see maybe a black mouth cur, or esome type of hound mixed in there. I tend to think some type of hunting dog. They to me usually have more of a doggy odor, musty smelling that most people refer to as a doggy smell, this is because of the oil in their skin.

·
Registered
5,811 Posts
Well welcome aboard. And yes as has been stayed if you really want to know what he is? You'd need to get a DNA test done. Now there maybe "Pitt," in him from way back when? But not enough in my "opinion." to mark him as a "Boxer/Pit?" The head is not right for a "Pitt/Boxer," the face is to long and narrow. Maybe Lab or hound of some type?

Boxer/Pitts tend to look more like this. :
Dog Collar Carnivore Dog breed Picture frame
Dog Collar Carnivore Dog breed Picture frame

Note the shape of the head more of a wedge shape. That is pretty much typical of a Boxer/Pitt. And as for the "smelly thing?" I have no opinion. My Bella, that is her we got her five years ago. And she has never had a bath? Baby wipes, if she is particular dusty. And if a Dog has "itchy skin issues," then medicated shampoos of course. That was my GSD, But Bella yeah no bath's for her.

Now my wife say's every now and then ... "Bella," needs a "bath?" And I am like OK, then you do it. It's been five years and a "bath," has not happened. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts