Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 12 year old boxer that is Peeing uncontrollably and won't stop drinking water. He is running to the door to go outside but before I can open the door he starts peeing in the house. I have to take the water away from him. He doesn't seem to be in pain. Can anyone give me advice? I know I have to take him to the Vet. , just wanted to see if anyone has any ideas what’s going on with my dog. He is an incredible dog. Won't be the same without him!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I knew of a dog with similar symptoms and he was diagnosed with diabetes. He was an older dog also. It was treatable, best of luck.

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
Yep what he said. Sounds like one of the first noticeable symptoms of Diabetes to me also.
First hand experience on that one as I was diagnosed at age 40 as type 2. It may or maynot be able to be controlled with pills or if not insulin injections???

A shot (no pun intended) in the dark here ... but if you know someone that is diabetic??? You could use there meter to do a blood (sugar test) I think but I don't know???

But have a look here, get him to vet and let us know what the outcome is.

https://pets.webmd.com/dogs/guide/dog-diabetes-symptoms-treatment#1

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am no expert but I have heard that can happen with kidney disease or diabetes. I hope that your vet can help you out. It's hard to see our dogs go through sickness.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts