Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i wasn't happy when my cousin got herself a Newfoundland but he's being looked after ok and has a nice temperament but he STINKS!! haha!! He's called Cuji and is only 9 months old -I know 8O  huge!!

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Re: Boxer & Newfoundland play pics :D !! VERY PIC HEAVY

He's a big boy!

Looks as though they had a great time.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
4,213 Posts

OH yeah, I remember when this whole thing went down and your cousin was saying she wanted a Nfld...I'm so glad that it's all worked out. Holy crap he is MASSIVE  8O  :lol: Nice pics...looks Voltaire was given a run for his money! (Cuji kind of looks like a bear in the third pic  :lol: )

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I wondered if anyone would remember!! He's looked after ok so far - he does live outside though. He doesn't get nearly as much attention as my boy but i suppose they are quite a laid back type of dog :?  They get on great when there's no food about - Cuji gets fed once a day and is ALWAYS hungry (he'd actually got into the packet and eaten 3 days worth of food that morning :lol: )
I didn't post the pictures where he's trying to mate with Voltaire - wanted to save his dignity :oops:

·
Registered
7,902 Posts

LMFAO!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Loved the mouth action shot . . . . :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Wow the NF is beautiful!!

·
Registered
2,592 Posts

He's a big boy thats for sure. Looks like Voltaire had no problem holding his own though!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts

He is huge but a great looking guy.  Voltaire looks like a puppy next to him.

·
Registered
882 Posts

wow, he sure looks huge next to Voltaire...looks like they had a good time....I bet Voltaire sleped good that night :lol:

·
Registered
4,694 Posts

OMG he looks like he could swallow Voltaires head:) How come the poor boy is getting left outside??

·
Registered
696 Posts

How cute! Looks like they had a blast!! Voltaire is SO handsome! :love:

·
Registered
2,158 Posts

Voltaire is STUNNING!!!! Newfies ARE stinky, aren't they? I love the one where they are flopped in exhaustion!  :lol:

·
Registered
2,327 Posts

awww he is soooo big maybe she should feed him 2 times so he isnt hungry all the time. at least she didnt give him away already..i remember you were worried when she got him. Cute pics and yes Voltaire looks like a dwarf next to that big bear.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

RoxyGirl22\";p=\"125699 said:
OMG he looks like he could swallow Voltaires head:) How come the poor boy is getting left outside??
He probably could swallow Voltaire's head too  :lol: .
Cindi he's outside bacause she says he's too hot in a heated house so he has the use of a decent sized room out the back where the boiler is - the door stays open so he can go in & out. So not as bad as i thought;
divajulia\";p=\"125712 said:
Voltaire is STUNNING!!!! Newfies ARE stinky, aren't they? I love the one where they are flopped in exhaustion! :lol:
Yes Julia- he really really stinks :sick:  - i even gave Voltaire a bath as soon as they left!
PradazPurdy\";p=\"125700 said:
How cute! Looks like they had a blast!! Voltaire is SO handsome! :love:
Thanks for saying my Shrimp is handsome :lol:
GabysDaddy\";p=\"125693 said:
wow, he sure looks huge next to Voltaire...looks like they had a good time....I bet Voltaire sleped good that night :lol:
Voltaire was worn out mid afternoon but everytime he tried to get away and lie down Cuji would try and mate with him :oops:!! Newfoundlands definitely have mre stamina!

·
Registered
6,026 Posts

Looks like they had a good time. :)   I remember about your concerns for your cousin and this dog too.
Poor Cuji, he can't help it he's so big.  Plus at 9 months, he really needs to eat twice a day.  He's still just a baby.  Do you know how much he weighs?  I remember my dog Rocky was 90 pounds at 9 months old! 8O   Sorry, I don't know the coversion to kg, it's 4:14 in the morning here! :lol:

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Insomniac you!!!!
I don't know what he weighs - he looks healthy though. She does buy Puppy Proplan so she's doing things right. And the breeder told her to weigh the quantity and stick to it - no extras. I'll definitely suggest she feed twice a day instead of once though. Apparently these big dogs mustn't grow too fast or put on too much weight. Something to do with their bones?
She says she can't weigh him anymore as he won't go on the scales!
Anyhow i'm pleasently surprised that he's being well looked after - crossing my fingers that things don't change.
p.s. The last cat she had has also gone MIA :roll:  that means the disposable cat count is up to 4.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts

Not insomniac.  Hubby has to leave at 5:30 for work. :roll:
If cuz is using large breed puppy food, that helps.  It has extra joint and bone health stuff in it. :wink:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts

I rememember that Annette! Dang that dog is huge! Voltaire does look like he is holding his own tho and quite handsome doing it :) Yea, with a dog that big he should be fed twice a day, too much of a chance of bloat

·
Registered
1,641 Posts

Great pics and here I thought Voltaire was big!  I just LOVE Voltaire and can never see enough pics of him. Good thing I don't live next door to ya or I would be boxer stalking every single day just to see that gorgeous face!  :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts