Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, has anyone had issues with their boxer not eating? $2000 later I am told it’s is pancreatitis but still isn’t eating. She has had X-rays, IV’s medication but no solution.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Have they suggested you give her some rice and boiled chicken? I have even used baby food as well when they go off the food. Sometimes the medications like any kind of anti biotic will upset the stomach so I would go slow with her. Feed her those goodies several times a day until she gets going. Make sure the food is slightly warm so it gives off a nice odor. I hope she starts eating soon she must be feeling really bad still.

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
I imagine the vet gave you a prescription diet for the pancreatitis. Maybe she just doesn't like it and perhaps you can exchange it for a different brand. Also I believe you can give her either boiled boneless , skinless, chicken breast or ground lean beef chicken with boiled white rice. Its bland so it should help her.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, has anyone had issues with their boxer not eating? $2000 later I am told it’s is pancreatitis but still isn’t eating. She has had X-rays, IV’s medication but no solution.
when my boxer mix had pancreatitis, they had me withhold food for 6 hours completely (including water) then slowly introduce it. They had me fix her boiled chicken and rice only. I added a touch of water on top just to moisten it up. my guess is her pancreatitis must be more on the severe side My girls was on the milder side and she really the “special food” to the point hubby thought she might try to fake one later. Lol. Is she still throwing up? I would ask the vet if this is normal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Also, after a couple of weeks I slowly worked her back to her new dry food which was a prescription diet. They need ultra low fat food from now on. Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts