Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I own a boxer four years back, and train it well. It's perfectly fit in my family. But now I don't have much time to spend with it. So I wanted to have its partner. But I don't know much about the other breeds. Is it possible that a boxer can adjust with any other dog? I am paling to own any dog from the top dog breeds.
Let me know if anyone have experience of any dog with a Boxer? I need some serious suggestions. Please help me so I can adopt or purchase any other top dog breed soon. Thank you!

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
I want a pet for my pet, is absolutely the worst reason to get another dog. Your basically saying you don't have time for your current dog? So you want to get a puppy to keep him company?
Under those conditions I don't see how you have time for a puppy of any breed?

Under those conditions you should not be looking for a puppy? But hey I can cut down the top 10 for you easily enough. Number one on the please don't get list, would be a GSD. German Shepherd Dog,
for an owner that has no time for a dog? That will not end well, I am talking Lawsuit for injury to others bad or worst still for the dog "PTS," because you know he is unmanageable and I want to free him from his Demon's!

And you should also eliminate the Rotty, and under the given conditions a Boxer also. Most likely not a Lawsuit (the Boxer) but surely a very poorly behaved dog? Don't get a Yorkie, they can be dog aggressive and they want to be with there people all the time. Don't get a Frenchie, and yes I know cute as heck. But without proper management and training they can be seriously aggressive!

Cesar Millan got suited years ago by a "Pet Pig Killing," Frenchie a few years ago, when the dog paid no need to his "PSSST," bit got away from him and injured one of Caesar's pet pigs. I saw that episode and I felt he should have kept a long line on that dog! But hey he's Cesar. They are also stunningly fast (apparently) and again without proper management and training can be people aggressive?

Labs are yet another, without proper training and management can be a problem? I have first hand experience on that, when one "Thought" he was going to attack my GSD? Yeah No, that's not gonna happen. I made him rethink his life choice's and I never laid a paw on him. But I was ticked!

That's my two cents on the top 10 of dog's, I know or have encountered or have heard tales from owner's of their experience. But with your plan as you've laid out, out of that list ... I'd say get a "Beagle," and call it day, I can't say I recall a single horror story from a Beagle owner?

A better plan would be a older rescue dog, no house breaking with the right one and you can see if the two dog's will work out? But even at that you'd need to put in at least two week's of effort. The Two week shut down.

And if you can't or are not willing to do at least that, then don't get another dog is the best advise.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Yes people many times are fooled into thinking a dog needs another dog for companionship, this is not true at all, and your dog does best with its human. I am a multiple dog household, honestly they each do their own thing and do not interact very much. It would certainly be nice if they did and it kept them occupied but it is not that way. I currently have 3 dogs and each one needs my time one on one. I am fortunate that I have two other adults in the house that help. Having more than one is at least twice the work. So if you have little time for the one you have, getting a second ,in my opinion, would only increase your workload. I would not add another dog.

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
The two dogs is not the issue, it's mostly the "no time part." Take that out and you'd get different answers. Including if you have a girl Boxer, certainly don't get another female Boxer. Boy/Boy or Girl/Boy pairings tend to work best. :)

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Lindar are there Grey and Black Standard Poodles? Ithink I saw one on Memorial Day at the RV park?

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Chip do you mean on one dog? Poodle Colors: 12 Amazing Color Variations From Common To Rare and you have the Phantom poodle, which is probably what you saw Phantom Poodle - Breed Profile, Description & Information
Nope not one of them? I messed up and should have asked the guy, what the deal was? It was a "Poodle. I have not seen a Standard Poodle in about oh 20 year's or so. But the size and structure it was a Poodle, and it did not strike me as being a mix breed dog?
But I got the colors wrong I see above?

It was grey and white. Mostly Grey with a lot of white markings. And most likely not from around here? We were visiting friends at an RV Park, so the dog and owner could have been from anywhere?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I own a boxer four years back, and train it well. It's perfectly fit in my family. But now I don't have much time to spend with it. So I wanted to have its partner. But I don't know much about the other breeds. Is it possible that a boxer can adjust with any other dog? I am paling to own any dog from the top dog breeds.
Let me know if anyone have experience of any dog with a Boxer? I need some serious suggestions. Please help me so I can adopt or purchase any other top dog breed soon. Thank you!
Yes you can adjust it with other breeds of dog. I have three dogs and all of the different breeds each other and they live friendly. I have constructed a wooden room for the dogs they live together in it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts