Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This evening I rescued a female boxer looking dog that's been running the neighborhood for a few weeks.  I've always assumed she was a boxer, but now upon looking at images of pitbulls I'm not sure.  Are there any indicators to look for to tell me what I have on my hands?

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
can you post a picture?? it would help us to be able to help you determine the possible breed or breeds in her

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Hard to tell from that angle, but a nice head shot would be great - with the profile of the muzzle its def. longer, and looks likes she is a dark brindle, so mixed with someone but the eyes will def tell (for me anyway  :wink: )

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
to me she doesnt look to have any pit in her. doesnt look to be a purebred either, she looks to be a boxer mixed with something. maybe a lab or something along that line.

G

·
0 Posts
doesnt really look pit like to me...definately see some boxer in her...she looks really comfy on your couch...hope all goes well between the two of ya!

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I am not thinking Pit, due to the eye shape.  But its hard in that pic.   More like a lab or something.   Good Lucking finding her a new home, and I am sure she is sleeping happy knowing someone is looking out for her!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks!   Your opinions have calmed me.  Hubby is out of town or she probably wouldn't be in here.  :(  I could just imagine his reaction upon learning she was a pit!!!  

I've been seeing her for a few weeks, but she wouldn't come to me.   We've had horribly cold weather and I'd think about her at night.   I'm so glad she finally came around.  Good lesson for my daughter too, but she'll be sad to see her go.   She's amazingly sweet and you can be guaranteed I'll find her a good home.  

Thanks so much!!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
From the side shot she reminds me of Maverick. He is a boxer but her snout is a little longer i guess and her face looks a little different so she probably is a mix...it looks like she has her tail docked and most people i know with pitts dont dock the tails...probably boxer mix and the breeder cropped the tail to give her even more of a boxer look..ive seen that before. If only you lived in Ontario Canada id take her in a second..shes beautiful.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Donya, from the front she looks a lot like Maverick too.  She also has that white under her chin toward her lips and whiskers.  Her ears are lopsided which give her the cutest expressions.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I agree that she looks boxer/lab more then boxer/pit....I am glad she has someone helping her and I hope you are anle to find her a good forever home.  Of course the only other thing I wanted to add is that not all pit bulls are bad :)

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
the more i look at her laying on that couch the more she reminds me of maverick...if only you were in canada id take her in for sure...if she had been loose in my neighborhood i would have confiscated her a while ago haha! she is so precious!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
She's a lovely girl regardless, I love her coloring...Kudos to you for picking her up and taking her in..I agree, she doesn't have that "shovel face" like Pits tend to have, Lab is a good guess, but she looks to have a lot of Boxer as well

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
kudos to you for taking her in until you can find a foster home for her! Definately looks like a boxer/lab with the snout.
Hope she finds a great home!

G

·
0 Posts
I own both... Well... I have anywho... I have a staffordshire terrier (often confused as a pit becuase they look simular) BUt I have had many. It is 90% not a pit anything. Most pit mixes take the head. I dont know genetics but majority of mixes regardless of the crossbreed they usually get that head like samsonsmom said... I would say not close to any bit/terrier at all... Head is wrong... I deffinatly has Boxer that is a givin....

AI thik you can relax on the pit aspect, though they are loving animals...good dogs mixed with a bad owner make a bad mistake. Bad rep... wont go into a pit thing here..

Good luck finding an owner... I'd make sure she gets fixed though if you can. If you cant afford it I would talk to a local shelter  and let them know your intentions and they may have it fixed for you.. they are usually good about it. Nobody wants anyone to get a boxerish female and start making puppies by the looks...

·
Registered
780 Posts
[quote="PocaDot88\";p=\"74418":2z2ar8o2]Yea, I didn't want to imply that I hate pits.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts