Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone
We have a 14 week old lady boxer. When she goes for a poo she keeps standing in it kind of doing a dance moving back and fowards, any tips for this ? She also has a bad Stomach, we are feeding her Royal canie food which was advised by the vet, she has very runny poo she seems to struggle to get it out ! Any help with this would be great :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Ahh, vet suggestions! If you must go kibble, try Acana, Orijen, Taste of the Wild...There is a website that gives ratings and really good info on dog food. Raw is my personal choice. Never have runny poops, and so much easier to potty train too because they pee a lot less on raw!

·
Super Moderator
7,025 Posts
Whoa whoa whoa, if she already has runny poop I would be looking into ruling out parasite through a fecal exam before going and changing her food.

If her poop exam is normal and she is parasite free, I would cook her up some rice and ground beef mixture (50/50) and offer her that for a few days to help calm and settle her poor tummy. Once her stool starts to firm back up you can then start to reintroduce some kibble back into her diet...SLOWLY. All puppies will step in runny poop, they can't help it. Just scoop her up after a poop and rinse her feet in some warm water and towel dry. I'm betting she has a parasite.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts