Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, my name is Mayra & I’m a new boxer owner. I recently got a boxer puppy last week, he is barely going to turn 8 weeks on Thursday. I recently noticed about 2 days ago that he was standing weird, his front paw was shaking and he would run and stop, almost falling. I don’t know what to do, where I bought him they gave me food that I was giving him, but today I bought a Royal Canin boxer puppy food, I hope this helps him out. Also, is it bad for him to go up stairs? Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey everyone, my name is Mayra & I’m a new boxer owner. I recently got a boxer puppy last week, he is barely going to turn 8 weeks on Thursday. I recently noticed about 2 days ago that he was standing weird, his front paw was shaking and he would run and stop, almost falling. I don’t know what to do, where I bought him they gave me food that I was giving him, but today I bought a Royal Canin boxer puppy food, I hope this helps him out. Also, is it bad for him to go up stairs? Thank you.

He also got his dewormer yesterday and I noticed his popped out what I’m guessing look like roundworms, will the vaccine take care of it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Congratulations on getting your pup. He was s out of young so I'm guessing you got him from a more questionable breeder. The dewormer will take care of the worms but you should take him for a check up at the vet if you have not done so. They will check his stool periodical over the net few visits while he gets all his inoculations. The vet can also determine why he is having joint problems. It may be a growing thing that will pass or not one cannot just guess. And yes it would be better not be doing stairs at this time. Well congratulations and let us know the vets comments so we can all learn more.

·
Super Moderator
7,017 Posts
Not Hod. It's called carpal flexion and is common in puppies between 7-12 weeks of age. He is growing so fast the tendons aren't keeping up. You will notice he is fine after having a sleep but as he plays he starts to knuckle again. No to the stairs... not for the first 5 months. Keep him on a food under 28% protein, Acana Ranchlands or Grasslands is better than royal canon.

This will pass, when you notice it starting to happen; make him have some quiet time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts