Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. New on this forum and have been reading thoroughly about my idea with only to come up with mixed opinions. This November I will be getting my second boxer puppy at 8 weeks old. Previous puppy was adopted due to a move back to NYC. Now that I'm back settling in Denver for the moment I'd really like to have a friend for my pup as I won't have roommates. SO, I'm contemplating adding a short haired kitten right when I get my puppy. I've never owned a cat. I enjoy them, just not the same as my dogs. They both will grow up together in my apartment in the city. I would appreciate any thoughts, suggestions, especially with people that have had or been around this idea I'm having. The main concern for me are the claws on the cat. I've looked into these sorta covers I guess people glue on their cats nails to prevent damage to furniture, I figure they'll work for the puppy and both being babies I'm hoping that growing together will be the magic there. However if they play together as they get older and larger the nail issue is still there. I haven't totally rid myself of the thought of declawing a kitten either. Anyways, thank you for any input!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Not sure why moving would mean you rehomed your other dog, my dogs are part of my life once they are mine so where I go they go. Also the nail issue proper grooming including regular nail trims for the cat and the dog and providing the cat with scratch posts available should help When a cat is declawed they are removing to what in a human hand is the first joint of your finger so just imagine that for a minute this often leaves a cat prone to biting and behaviour issues I have always had cats and I would never ever do this to any of them. Be prepared to keep the cats food and litter box away from where the dog has access as well. Dogs and cats don’t need each other for “company” what they need is for you to be avaiable and if that’s not going to be the case then I suggest you reconsider plus a boxer puppy is going to be way too rough on a kitten this is a really bad idea

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
So you say you have already "abandoned," one Boxer puppy, when it became ... inconvenient? And now you want to get another Boxer puppy, and a Kitten to be a Cat, that you don't really care for anyway and already plan to mutilate?

What happens to them, if you up and move again? I understand "Crap Happens," but abandoning pet's just cuz? Is not really the best of introductions, just saying.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, you both are naive. Mutilate? Really, let's go overboard here... Oh but forgive docking right? I didn't abandon my previous boxer. I interviewed multiple families and their housing arrangements for the best fit. It would have been completely moronic and wrong of me to bring her to my flat in Brooklyn while I'm gone more often than not because I'm a Chef and was opening a new restaurant.:unsure: So unless you have something polite and oh maybe let's see here, IMFORMATIONAL, please and oh so kindly, keep your trash in your life. K thx.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
So you have a job that prohibits you from spending time with your pets and you want to get more? No one was talking trash here its the facts look it up. This is a site where people actually love and care for animals so I suggest you find a site that tells you what you want to hear and agrees with you cause you won't find it here. A Boxer requires an owner who is dedicated to them and their care has time to exercise them train them daily they can't be an afterthought in your life they are not disposable they are not sedentary dogs they require a total commitment from their owners if you can't do that a Boxer is not for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts