Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Wet food is not a good diet for Boxers thier digestive system works so fast the wet food shoots on thru very little stays with them. If you want your puppy to grow correctly then I suggest mixing the wet food with kibble Purina makes puppy chicken and rice kibble and Royal Canin has a great Boxer puppy formula..The puppy needs trace minerals and other nutrients he is not getting with wet food it’s also terrible for the dental health.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I’ve never heard of Dr John’s but my advice is to find a pet food company that’s been in business for years with a good track record few recalls ect. I lost two dogs to grain free dog food so I would advise against that. I think Royal Canin is in the UK it’s a good food. I have always structured my dogs feeding times no free feeding. They get fed twice a day morning and evening i feed early in the morning at least 2 hrs before and activity so the stomach is not full when we are out doing excersise. One of my tricks if a dog is being picky take a little wet food zap it in the microwave just a couple seconds to warm it slightly make it smell good then mix on the kibble usually works. I dont use canned food at all anymore I cook ground turkey or chicken in big batches freeze what I don’t use right away and thaw in the fridge as I need it then mix on their dry. My dogs never look skinny they are the proper weight.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts