Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

Boxer puppy underweight

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Jerry204 
Hi, I am wondering if someone on here would be able to give me some advice as to whether my boxer puppy is underweight and what to do if that is the case.
He is a 10 week old male and weighs 11.4lbs, he eats wet food, doesn’t drink much but is very playful. We are just a bit concerned if he is underweight and what we can do to make him put weight on in a healthy way (puppy friendly)
Any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Amelia x
View attachment 137511
View attachment 137510
View attachment 137509
He looks ok to me, my female at 10weeks was 12.2 and at 7 months she was 48#. I feed her times a day 1.25 cups per feeding so 5 cups a day. And she is just starting to fill out and not show her ribs so much. At 1 year depend8ng if she is still growing I’ll slow state cutt8ng back on her food. She gets a dry high quality large puppy food with grain.

He looks ok to me, my female at 10weeks was 12.2 and at 7 months she was 48#. I feed her times a day 1.25 cups per feeding so 5 cups a day. And she is just starting to fill out and not show her ribs so much. At 1 year depend8ng if she is still growing I’ll slow state cutt8ng back on her food. She gets a dry high quality large puppy food with grain.
Wow I need to proof read. I feed her 4 times per day once she maxes out on weight +/- 60 or so I’ll start backing off on the food. Goggle boxer puppies weight and it should show what his weight range should be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.