Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am wondering if someone on here would be able to give me some advice as to whether my boxer puppy is underweight and what to do if that is the case.
He is a 10 week old male and weighs 11.4lbs, he eats wet food, doesn’t drink much but is very playful. We are just a bit concerned if he is underweight and what we can do to make him put weight on in a healthy way (puppy friendly)
Any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Amelia x
Dog Dog breed Comfort Carnivore Fawn

Dog Vertebrate Carnivore Dog breed Fawn

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Fawn Companion dog

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wet food is not a good diet for Boxers thier digestive system works so fast the wet food shoots on thru very little stays with them. If you want your puppy to grow correctly then I suggest mixing the wet food with kibble Purina makes puppy chicken and rice kibble and Royal Canin has a great Boxer puppy formula..The puppy needs trace minerals and other nutrients he is not getting with wet food it’s also terrible for the dental health.
Thank you for responding, the breeders gave us the wet food and we have just been giving him that as it is what he is used to. Our other boxer who passed away always used to eat dry food. We are going to start mixing the wet and dry food as we know it helps with digestion etc. Thank you very much for the advice! 😊

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wet food is not a good diet for Boxers thier digestive system works so fast the wet food shoots on thru very little stays with them. If you want your puppy to grow correctly then I suggest mixing the wet food with kibble Purina makes puppy chicken and rice kibble and Royal Canin has a great Boxer puppy formula..The puppy needs trace minerals and other nutrients he is not getting with wet food it’s also terrible for the dental health.
He looks fine to me. I think Boxer pups just tend to look kind of skinny growing up? My Stru got lot's of comments on looking skinny, while growing up? Bu t I would say, if I cared to say anything? She eat's what she eats. And at the 3 year mark .. she was a 65 Lbs? Pretty big-ish for an American Line Female?

I was kinda surprised cuz I would have thought she was 55 lbs? But muscle weight's more than fat! Aynd she was a slim lean, Bunny Chasing Machine, that's what we did. Your dog looks fine to me so I'd," say keep doing what your doing ... "nobody want's a fat Boxer?" :)

Welcome Aboard. :)
Thank you for responding!
This has reassured me a lot as my boxer dog who passed away was always very skinny and people used to comment on his weight but he just ate what he wanted and was full of energy. He never went without food! I just don’t remember him as a puppy so don’t want our puppy to be underweight at such a young age so hopefully he is just fine and we are worrying for nothing! Thank you once again x

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What do you think about Dr John food?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts