Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is Scooby! My 6 Month old boxer boy. When we got him, he was very skinny, he had ribs showing at all times on his sides & chest. We chunked him up over the last few months and he’s become very toned & muscular.(still looks skinny to me, but I’m convinced it’s how the breed is supposed to be.) he’s very healthy, has all his shots, AKC, etc. we have been Raw feeding him & he loves it and his energy has went up 10000% and he’s been more active, bigger muscle definition, and perfect coat. He loved his food and the vets were saying how healthy he is. For some reason, the last 2-3ish days he’s been skipping a meal or two. Not wanting to eat his food, and eating a fraction of what he used to. At first, googling & asking around I heard often they get into something outside, and it upsets their stomach, and they go a day without eating as much. But this is day 3! He still eats some, still plays A LOT! But comes up short with eating every meal or just simply turns it away! Any suggestions? Anyone else experience this? Concerned but not worried. Any advice helps! Thanks :)

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Scooby looks good.

I mean if his energy levels are there, going to the bathroom is still normal, no physical distress, drinking and eating some food, no diarrhea or vomiting, I wouldn't be overly concerned. I know a couple of my dogs had periods of light eating when they were young and growing. I would just keep an eye on it and if it stays the same, consult your vet.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Our Fawn Boxer Diesel was very thin at that age too, he turned out just fine filled right out to 88lbs. I agree with Matt, if everything is functioning ok then just keep an eye on it. He is a beautiful Boxer!! Welcome to the board!
Rick

·
Registered
785 Posts
I would keep an eye on his stools to make sure he is going to the bathroom sometimes they will eat something while outside or tear a toy up sticks and mulch and plant material so that can clog up their intestines make them not want to eat since nothing is moving thru properly just about every Boxer I have known has been a "super pooper" so I would keep an eye on that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Friends...!!!

I mean his energy levels are there, going to the bathroom is still normal, no vomiting, I would not be overly concerned. He is a Beautiful Boxer. Scooby Looks Great. Thanking you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts