Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Xena loves playing this game with herself, I call it Boxer soccer, where she sees one of her toys, runs over to it, jumps on it, kicks it one way, runs back, jumps on it again, picks it up and flings it across the room with her mouth and continues these shenanigans until she's panting. Do any of your boxers do this? When she was still a puppy she also use to do something my mother called the "zoomies." Shed randomly start zooming around the house in a giant circle, jumping on the couch, leaping over furniture. It was as if someone had possessed her body and was forcing her to run in a circle! Calling her name, yelling, screaming....not even standing in her way could stop her. Seem familiar??

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Oh yes Roxy plays soccer with herself!!! Its just too funny she could do it for hours!! And oh do I know those zoomies lol They are also referred to as Boxer Burns!!!! Roxy does them in the yard so freagin fast lol I actually posted a pic a while back of her in a full boxer burn attempting to run through a 2 foot deep snow pile!! It didnt work out to good on her part!!
Its started out as this!

And ended up as this!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
ZOOMIES! I noticed some others on the forum refering to them as BURNS... "Odin has been BURNIN' through the house a lot today!!!" It's TRUE!! LOL He does the soccer thing... but only when he's fired up running through the house full speed!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Boxer burns....haha I've never heard that expression. My grandmothers maltese use to do it to when she had him. Its sad though that she's stopped doing them....I guess she's just not a puppy anymore.  :eek:(  I know the puppy stage can be hard to get through with the chewing and housebreaking and such, but its such a precious, amusing stage in their lives. Enjoy it while you can....they're still AMAZING dogs though when they're older. The soccer games though are even more amusing to watch than real soccer...her favorite thing to do it with is her pigs ear. Those snow pictures are HILARIOUS! I remember one time a collision with the sliding glass door in the midst of the burns...she kept right on going.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Zoomies, now I like that...Oh yea, Angel does that every morning and again in the afternoon...Grabs a toy, starts flying thru the house, flings the toy, catches it and keeps on going...and going, and going...Samson sadly, never did that, all the boxer traits were beat out of him...Buck and Tia, now they had their own racetrack in the backyard and it was a hoot watching them....

RoxyGirl22, omg, I had forgotten about the snow pictures,,,Roxy looks soo funny in the snowdrift...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts