Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
My boy Bear is a 1.5 year old Boxer and Staffordshire Bull Terrier cross, he's losing hair behind his ears, Vets discovered an ear infection a few months back that's been treated but he's been losing hair behind his ears...
Anybody have any cases of this or know what it might be?
I have an appointment at the vet next week...

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
Your gonna have to see what the Vet says? But is sounds like more of a "your dog," thing, than anything "Breed," related? I have a "Boxer/Pit," my second or thrid if you count my "Band Dawg?" I have had a couple Boxers and a GSD, and I have never seen what you describe?

Welcome aboard in anycase and pictures plz. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
What color is he? I notice that a lot of white boxers/bullies have hair loss or thin hair.

My white boxer, who’s 16 months, is also losing hair behind his ears and on his chest. Our vet didn’t seem concerned but I think he may have allergies to something. I’ll post pictures.

Keep us posted on what the vet says 😊

Polar bear Carnivore Felidae Whiskers Dog breed

Hair Head Arm Eye Eyebrow

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He's brindle and it practically the same as your pics... I've got an appointment at the vet next week, hopefully all is okay

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
May just be still some ear infection going on it could be some sort of outdoor (or indoor) thing my friends Boxer had a similar thing she paid for an expensive allergy test it turned out she was allergic to about 12 things some things she doesn’t even have like cats and horses. My female has allergies and her ears are most affected so I get her cytopoint injections as needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts