Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone interested...I had an idea last night that I though you all might like to get in on...

Keep in mind this is just an idea:

If you pm me pix of you training your Boxers (or other furry family friend) with a statement that I can post them on my website AND a blurb about your Fur Baby and methods you are using to train them, I will post them up on my website under the heading of...

Training Boxers from Around the World...

What do you think???

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, with the pic and blurb, say why you think training is important and how you feel it positively effects the relationship between you and your dog...

When I said "method's you use to train them", I meant "We use positive reinforcement based in play" or we use clicker training"... Please don't send me anything specifying the Gentle Leader or Pinch collars or anything like that...

This page will largely be to show the world how many people feel it is important to train their dogs as well as the methods that anyone can use effectively on thier own with or without prior trainer guidance.

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just a note for those of you who may be thinking....,"But my Boxer is in Obedience CLASS!!!?  Would she still be willing to post those pix?"  

Answer:
Of course...Training is training, whether its in a class setting or one on  one or on your own...I just want to show the world that training is good and I endorse it whether it's training in a class, one on one, or on your own...And its an interesting way to show off your Boxers and other fur babies...

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
381 Posts
I don't have many training action shots.  Perhaps I can get the better half to take a couple pics when I have the clicker and hot dog out to show I'm not a CM dog beater  :p

How's this for "sit"?

·
Registered
302 Posts
lillyzmomma\";p=\"12315 said:
Of course...Training is training, whether its in a class setting or one on  one or on your own...I just want to show the world that training is good and I endorse it whether it's training in a class, one on one, or on your own... Please don't send me anything specifying the Gentle Leader or Pinch collars or anything like that...
Well, we would love to share pictures of Odin, but unfortunately, our professional dog trainer highly recomends the gentle leader, and half the dogs in our class that are being professionally trained to be better dogs are all being trained wrong (or perhaps "not trained")... so I guess our professional training is not endorsed.  :lol:

I guess we'd be weeded-out as "not training around the world".  :cry:

Sad face Odin... your training doesn't count...

Note the non-gentle leader pic

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Odinsdad and ChloeBellesMommy---  
Real funny there guys...The pics can be of your dog IN the G.L. or Halter or whatever...I don't want anyone to endorse their use of the G.L., pinch collar, or a halter as a training device...

ALL--
I want to see your Obedience Training methods...Not leash work....I know leash training is still a form of training however, I don't wants pix of it to avoid the G.L., pinch collar, and halter fights that may break out on this post.

If ANYONE breaks out with nasty verbage (verbal garbage), my way is the right way or ANYTHING like that I will immediately delete this post and move forward with those who are willing to contribute to my guidlines.

As this is going on my website, I reserve the right to pick and choose over what will or won't go on it.

Nexu--

If you get me a blurb about why training is important to you, what method you are using, and how it improves your relationship with your dog...then I'll go ahead and start your section of the page...

I know a chunk of that probably made me sound like a b****, but I need cooperation, not fighting...I think this is a great way to get the word out how important training is and a great way to show off your babies!!!!

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
243 Posts
I just found this older but still interesting thread.

I practise different things with Gero, for example

Learning Exercises from the Ground (Linda Tellington Jones)
Clicker-training
training for his nose (in the house, garden and in the open country).

Because Gero has communication-problems with other dogs, we
have a special training with my dog trainer. For example Gero has to learn the
calming signals of dogs because other dogs are often frightened of Geros
behaviour (and he is also afraid if unknown dogs are nearing to fast.)

I only reward the behaviour, that I want. The other stuff I ignore.

But my problem: I don

·
Registered
496 Posts
Sounds like a great idea. I will try to send some pictures soon. Haven is being a butt about getting her pic taken this week.
Samantha

·
Registered
942 Posts
I have a video of Kaci doing 'bang bang' if you'd like to use it...I'm not really sure if that's training though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts