Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to start out saying hi to eveyone I am new to this board.  I have a 4 month old boxer and we think he is skinny.  I believe he is about 25 lbs.  The reason my concern peeked is because on vacation we met a man with a boxer he said his boxer was 5 months and his boxer was like twice the size of mine.  His weighed 48lbs??? What is common for this age?  Thanks in advance!   :-/

·
Registered
663 Posts
Let me begin by saying welcome to this forum.  You will love it here.  You're boxer baby is a CUTIE!!  I really think that your puppy is in a pretty good weight range for his age.  My Bo is almost 11 weeks old and weighs 13-14 pounds, My Laila is almost 10 weeks old and weighs 8-9 pounds.  There is a big range for them to be in.  Your pup looks healthy in his pics.  There are all different sizes of boxers.  I've seen adult weights range from 45-100 pounds..  It depends on genetics.  Good luck and I'm looking forward to more pictures of your furbaby.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Maverick is a little over four months and hes about 30-35 pounds, the vet said thats healthy and the right size for him. Doing some research myself for the same reason, I discovered that the weight/height does really differ dog to dog. As long as you can't count the ribs, i'd say you're on the right track.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Hello and Welcome to the forum from Sadie and I. Sadie was exactly 4 months last week and she weighed 28lbs as well. I wouldn't worry about it, as long as the vet says he is healthy. Each boxer is different! Can't wait to hear more about your baby, he is so cute!

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Sophie was 16 weeks on the 4th and weighed 28 pounds too.  I think the girls weigh a little less than some of the boys.  Your little guy is very cute and hope you like it here on the forum.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Oggie was only 23 pounds at 4 months.  The doctor did tell me he was a little skinny.  I was concerned too because everyone else seemed to have much bigger puppies.  I've been feeding him more and he's been growing a ridiculous amount ever since, he's definitely in the middle of a bigtime growth spurt.  He's gained 2 inches in his neck, I know this for sure because I have to buy a new collar now.  So I would take your vet's advice, if they say your puppy is healthy then you're fine.  They all hit their growth spurts at different stages

·
Registered
942 Posts
This will make you feel better:

Kaci:
Age...............Date............Weight
2 yrs.............11/10/07.......35.0
1 yr, 8 mo.....7/9/07...........31.5
6 mo.............5/4/06...........18.9
4 mo, 2 wks...3/24/06.........14.8

and like everyone else has said, boxers come in all kinds of sizes. Some are on the larger size, some are on the petite side...but as long as they're healthy, it's okay. :D

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Hello and welcome from myself and Chance. Chance is 6 months old and weighs about 45 pounds, so i think your pups weight is fine. I believe Chance weighed somewhere around 28 pounds at 4 months. Cute baby you have by the way!!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Abby was 24 lbs I believe when we got her at 5.5 months. She was a bit too skinny as a result of giardia and having been a rescue but by reaching 30 lbs a few months later, she was nice and healthy looking.  Now at 16 months, she is abot 38 lbs..she's a tiny girl. Each is going to have their own rate growth and nice.

·
Registered
140 Posts
When Blue was 4 months he weighed about 30 pounds.  He is now 8 months and weighs 55 pounds.  Sounds like your little guy is in the same weight range....  

PS-Welcome to the forum, it is really helpful!!!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I got Kiah at 8.5 months (52 lbs) so I don't have her weight at 4 months.  She is on the large size for a female.

·
Registered
219 Posts
im new to boxer ownership.. i had one as a child but dont remember much.. or should i say didnt KNOW much about them.. and im still am trying to learn all i can now

my harley is 10 weeks old and weighs 17.9 lbs.. as others have said it all varies by dog .. and as long as you cant count all his ribs then he is good..

btw he is adorable

·
Registered
381 Posts
Sadiesmomma\";p=\"47716 said:
[quote="Nexu\";p=\"47715":71emtnex]Lola was 20lbs at 18 weeks.
How much does she weigh now?[/quote:71emtnex]

50-52 lbs.  I think she'll max out around 55-57 lbs as she isn't really growing much anymore, just perhaps filling out a tad.  She's 13 months old.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts