Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.  I just found you this evening, messing around trying to see if there was anyone out there sharing my experience.  I have two beautiful boxer babies, a male brindle, and a female fawn.  My female was just diagnosed with SLO.  I've found an SLO sight, but no one with a boxer with SLO.  A brief description, it's Symetrical Lupoid Onchodystrophy aka and much easier...SLO.  It's a spontaneous autoimmune disease, similar to human Lupus, where her body is attacking her claws.  In a nut shell, it's rather painfull at first, her nails eventually at the worst all fall off, having separated from the quick, and with appropriate managment with what I call "the cocktail"  the disease kind of goes into a remission.

Anyway, I'm so excited to find such a great group of people who love their boxers!  I love the breed, as you all know, for all the reasons they are boxers! They are just the best!

I can't wait to share all my photos too.  I see so many on here that make me laugh and smile, and many that remind me of my kids!

Colleen

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Hi and welcome to Boxer Forums!

I'm sorry you are going through this SLO with your female. I've never even heard of it, so I have no experience with it. It does sound painful, but hopefully your girl will pull through this. Maybe someone else on this board will have experience with this.
Good Luck to you, and again welcome.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I have not experienced that particular issue with any of my dogs.  I can tell you that from my past experience, boxers have big hearts and are very stoic and can get thru alot and still love their life!  I have learned many good lessons from my dogs and their wonderful attitudes towards life and problems.  Hopefully she will do quite well with living with it and have many happy times.

Welcome to this wonderful group of people.

Namaste'

Nano

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum...Hopefully someone here may have had experience with what you are dealing with..Like Nano said, boxers are stoic and have big hearts, it's amazing what they seem to be able to handle and continue to be the loveable clowns we know and love....

Look forward to hearing more about your 2 and yes, we do love pictures

1 - 5 of 5 Posts