Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello people :) sky is 9 weeks old now, am trying to get her to go out to the balcony and do her business, she never been out there since she been in my house. every time i put her out there she cry to come back in,  i leave the doors open and put all her toys out but she wont even come near the door, like there is a ghost out there or something. is there any thing i can do to train her to get out? pls help me . thanks

·
Registered
627 Posts
You should go outside with her on the balcony.  When "potty" time comes around, pick her up, walk outside with her, and close the door behind you.  You should stay outside with her until she goes "potty".  Gradually, you can let her follow you out instead of carrying her out.  If you're inside and she's outside all she is going to do is cry at the door.  As she gets older she will learn that she's going outside to "potty" and you'll just have to open the door and tell her to go out.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Ditto that and I would use a lead on her also..You need to be there when she goes, to reward her, that's how she will learn that outside is the place to go potty.. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts