the water... he seems to hate it even when getting
washed. Is there any advice someone can give on
what way i should go about getting him to siwim and
get rid of his fear of water.

Thanks.

·
Registered
186 Posts
was he introduce to the water as a pup or adult? dont know if that would make a difference. my boxer doesnt really like to swim either, she will get in the lake if I or my husband is with her, but only aboutto th epoint it reaches her under belly. then she freaks out. lol

·
Registered
508 Posts
Dante would go in the water every time we went to the lake. Zeus would go as far in until his legs went halfway and he would stop. 4th of july i took them again and I got surprised when i got in Zeus went in with no problem. Matter of fact he went all the way in. He wasnt no professional swimmer like Dante but he sure as heck tried to keep up with him when i would throw their Air Kong out to fetch. I had to hold him up by his harness a few times when i thought he was giving up because he had never swam before.

So my only advice is just go into the water and persuade them to go in with you. Because usually if you go in they more than likely will make an effort to do so. Good luck and if you do try to get some pictures.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Make it pleasurable and FUN!!!  Go at your dogs pace!!!  Get them to wade and go from there!!!

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Don't force the issue...Either he will like it or not...Buck was my water baby, but Tia wanted no part of it. If you picked her up and carried her in the pool, she would immeadiately head for the steps..Samson will swim if Marq or I are with him...Really, altho it's great exercise for them, boxers are not the best swimmers, so if he doesn't want to, don't push it..That will make matters worse...You can try using a favorite toy, maybe a tennis ball and play fetch with him, that was one of Buck's fav games in the pool...

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
My girl doesnt hate the water but she also doesnt love it lol I take her to the local creek to play and she'll swim out to me but then tries climbing up me lmao It doesnt feel good though :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts