Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately I don't think this is going to become a reality.  I talked to a not-for-profit owner who is also a lawyer.  She said that donations received to the BoxerForums PayPal account will be considered income and have to be claimed on my taxes  :(

So we talked about becoming a corporation to protect myself, but taxes would still have to be paid on the donations received by the corporation  :(

It would be better to give directly to the rescue or shelter, so taxes wouldn't have to be taken out.  I didn't give up there.

If we see a shelter or rescue that has a PayPal account set up for donations, we can donate from here and track our spending.  The transactions go directly to the rescue from whoever made the donation, so tax deduction is possible as long as the rescue is set up properly.  The rescue will know it's from us, because the PayPal transaction will say "BoxerForums Donation".  I can change that to make it specific to a dog etc.

All we would need is the rescue's PayPal email address and we could donate directly to them from here  :D

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Great!!  :dance:  You are da man!! :dance:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts