Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just wanted to say hello and ask if anyone else on these boards has the same combination? We love both breeds and so far this has been a great fit. We now have two clowns! Here is a picture of the first day rough housing!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Hahaha...great action shot!  :lol:  Welcome to Boxer Forums!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
That's a great pic. Boston's are pretty feisty & playful aren't they? That would be a good match for a Boxer....Welcome to the forum by the way :)

·
Registered
578 Posts
I had a Boston, Elvis but unfortunatley we had to give him up a couple of months ago(he was the best) but him and Fredo did get some play time.  Also we live next door to my boyfriend's parents and they have a boston, Bella. We share a yard so they do get to play but he's just so big for her already and she's such a prissy bitch..ahaha..i hope they learn to hang out and relax together soon.

·
Registered
578 Posts
They are seriously like smaller versions of boxers. Their personalities and expressions are very similar. Elvis was a chocolate brown with a brown and pink nose (i miss him so much) , their faces were even  similar. They use their paws a lot too..Elvis used to punch us right in the face. haha

G

·
0 Posts
We had a boston...and it was the most HORRIBLE dog I have ever come across...the only person in our household who even liked the dog was my little sister...she was like retarded or something...she wouldn't learn to be housebroken...in 8 years!  She was lazy...she didn't play...but she was patient with my sis who was 4 when we got her...but...I would never get another boston after seeing Lucky...

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome, I never have had a Boston or known anyone that had one.  There are several that come to the dog park and Kiah likes them (she seems to like little dogs).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
[quote="aquagirl900\";p=\"44616":3aw8a8m8]We had a boston...and it was the most HORRIBLE dog I have ever come across...the only person in our household who even liked the dog was my little sister...she was like retarded or something...she wouldn't learn to be housebroken...in 8 years!

G

·
0 Posts
we got Lucky when she was 2...the previous owner's kid had "allergies"...i think they couldn't train her...then shortly after we got her...she was attacked by a giant wolf dog...I was 8...sis was 4...it was giant to us...we kicked and scratched that dog to get him to let go of Lucky to no avail...thankfully someone saw and stopped the dog...she ended up with a bruised belly...and fractured rib and something was wrong with her spine...at the time we could barely feed ourselves...so we had to take care of her the best we could at home...at 10 years old she started having seizures...really really bad ones...we think it may have been related to the attack..never could tell...we put her down shortly after

·
Registered
55 Posts
My co-worker has a 'Boston' and occasionally she brings him around to play with Ferris.  He's a really feisty little dog and he tries to box with Ferris.  It's pretty funny considering Ferris is more than twice his size.  I am considering a 'boston' for my next dog, should I ever get one.  It's a toss-up between a Boston Terrier and an American Bulldog.  I think the Boston Terrier would be much easier.  We'll see......

1 - 18 of 18 Posts