Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am new here but i have seen alot of post about boxers chasing cats..although goose is my first boxer she not my first dog..we have treeing walkers that we coon hunt with and there not another breed that would rather chase a cat ..but you have to let them know it's not what you want let them get away with it once they will try it again..be firm ...every time they try it ..it works      

·
Registered
780 Posts
I think it depends on the boxer.  Our Calli (pit/boxer mix) never chased our cats.  When we got Calli as a puppy she thought she was one of the cats, our biggest cat actually held her down and bathed her.   Our second boxer Berk was interested in our cats but never really chased them much however when we got our third boxer Teaki it was a different story.  Teak and Berk loved to chase the cats and corner them.  It seemed like they actually thought it out because one would go one way and cut the cat off while the other one chased it into a corner.  Our 4th boxer Zig just likes to play with them like they are another boxer.  :D

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Sampson chases and corners our cats but he doesn't hurt them. Lucy likes them and doesn't chase. They wind all in and out of her legs. It is really cute.

·
Registered
839 Posts
We don't have any cats, but before we got Dozer there were some in the neighborhood. Dozer doesn't play well with cats, so I think he scared them enough to where they stay clear of our house!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Kaci was afraid of cats at first because the first time she meet one there were 6 of them. on NYE we went to my friends house who has a cat and once Kaci saw the cat all she wanted to do was check it out...but bug (the cat) wanted NOTHING to do with Kaci and kept hissing at her. It was actually pretty comical. :lol:

Milo on the other hand would NOT be good around cats, he perks at the word cat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
every time i look at a post i see all these dogs there colors and markings they are so cute makes me want to have another one ....make that 3 one for everyone in the family maybe i would get to play with one lol

·
Registered
491 Posts
My cat, Gidget, obviously thinks Gunnar and Ginger are horridly filthy dogs.  When they're relaxing, she loves to come up to them and clean their ears.  It's so funny to watch, they just stay still and let her!!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Duke will chase the cats but he won't hurt them (usually they deserve it).  Our youngest cat and Duke are best friends, if she (our cat) is somewhere that is where you can find Duke.  If she is sleeping behind the couch Duke will lay there and whine, and she will come cuddle in between Dukes legs and sleep when Duke is laying down.  They will give each other baths.  Its crazy.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
TERRYK\";p=\"63599 said:
every time i look at a post i see all these dogs there colors and markings they are so cute makes me want to have another one ....make that 3 one for everyone in the family maybe i would get to play with one lol
It works! I can always find one to play with...and now that we have Pua, my hubby is happy, because she likes to play with him!!(Mic and Indy are mostly focused on eachother!)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Some Boxers, dogs fo rthat matter will just chase cats....Samson does not like cats at all, ao never pursued getting one, Don't know about Angel....My first 2 Boxers grew up witha cat and after the initial "getting to know you" period they were fine...I hear ya about Boxers being addicting...We are eagerly antivipating the arrival of #3 in a few months :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts