Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night it snowed here and we had to take Maverick out a couple times for his potty breaks. We were concerned he may be too cold but he LOVES snow. he was fascinated by foot and paw prints left in the snow and was jumping in it and eating it. It distracted him from going potty but this morning it was gone and he went just fine. Does anyone elses boxer like the snow? Is it normal?

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Sadie loves it! She likes to eat in and play around in it. We have her coat on her but her paws are exposed, so usually its just a quick potty break out there.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Awhhh I'm soooo jealous!! I wish we had a snowy winter here! I bet Odin would love it! Maybe not right away... but would quickly find it fun!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Kiah loves the powdery snow but doesn't like the crusty stuff we have now.  Can't find her booties  :cry:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Tyson loes to run around in the snow and chase the kids.  Sometimes he even plays snowplow with his nose 8O .  He puts his nose to the ground and does the boxer burns around the yard, plowing the snow right up over his smooshy face.

Scott

·
Registered
42 Posts
Rocky LOVES the snow! He goes crazy and has a ball !!!!! I have the best pictures that I have to post from the snow storm we got today in Jersey!

·
Registered
28 Posts
We have approx. 8-10" from the storm last night here in Northern MI.  Trakkar and Shyla love the snow.  They run around like crazy kids.  They also eat it and Trakkar does the snowplow with his face.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I wish it snowed here!!!! our winters are very mild, have a HOT sunny day here today 8)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Mocha LOVEs the snow!  LOL....Ithought the same...This is her first winter and I thought she would be cold but nope...shes rolling and throwing her ball and chasing the kids....She to inhales it!  LOL   As long as its not yellow right :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Buck & Tia experienced it when they were in quarantine in Ireland of all places....Oh I wish I had taken my camera. They had a blast, Buck was trying to catch snowballs and off course they were exploding in his face :lol: Tia looked like a snowplow just running thru it pushing it out of her way....Samson experienced one snow the winter I got him, he said it was ok, but he liked to be inside by the fire better :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Well it's snowing outside now.  They are forcasting 10-15 inches for us.  I will try to get some pics of the dogs playing in the snow for you all to see later today.

Scott
p.s.  I got the snowday I wanted!!!!!!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Summer absolutely loved it! I didnt let her play for very long because I didnt have a coat or anything for her. It melted this morning so we didnt have a chance to take her back out in it. I did put one of my hoodies on her so she wouldnt be cold when I took her out. She didnt like it at first but now she doesnt mind it

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Its torture walking jessie when there is snow on the ground... she takes a step and then eats some snow... takes a step then eats some snow... rinse... repeat!

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Kane's not a big fan of anything falling out of the sky lol.  But Sophie, on the other hand, loves it.  She loves to try and catch the flakes as they are falling, acting like a snow plow blasting through the deep snow, and running under all the bushes loaded down with the snow.  It did take her a little while to decide it was fun to play in though, but now she wants to be out in it all the time.  Nothing like a boxer burn in the snow!

·
Registered
202 Posts
oooh yay! This thread makes me feel a little better about how tonight is going to go hahahaha. Were getting our first snow fall right now... well measurable one anyway..

Tucker is a little weary of it right now... its cold he says! but im sure once it accumulates more, and he can actually play in it (by the time we get home from work tonight... yuck!) im sure he will be happier :)

btw I love your little guy! he is way too cute!

·
Registered
111 Posts
We now have had two big snowfalls..around 13 inches all together from Saturday to today.  Apollo hated the snow this weekend...he was taking 20 minutes or longer to go potty (and it was freezing outside!).  But as of yesterday all he wants to do is play, play, play!  I guess he likes the snow now!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts