Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my Baby is 10 months old, she is in her first heat, and has bled for three weeks ( I'll spay her this summer). It's my first boxer, i dont have any experience so i would want to ask:the weather in my country is becoming very warm now, and she is very lazy, like she has no energy. I don't take her out during the warmest period of the day, but if i let her run in the yard in the day, she gets tired very quickly and breaths very rapidly. Is it normal to be so inactive for boxers in warm weather or this has to do with health problems. She is a very happy dog and full with energy, but now she is some kind of tired. Could it be that she is still in heat?
I'm a very dedicated owner and would do anything for her well-being.
Maybe im overreacting, but i dont have the experience. [ATTACH type="full" to alt="136603"]136603[/ATTACH]

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
No your not overreacting! She should be almost done with her heat but you still need to be vigilant about keeping her away from other dogs till your sure she is done. Boxers do not like or enjoy hot weather. The weather where I live is heating up now so we do our walking and outings very early in the mornings now I keep them in the air conditioning most of the day sometimes we go out again in evening but since we get up so early we aren't out too late. With the days getting lighter earlier I have been out in summer as early as 530am just to avoid the heat! Because of their short muzzles its hard for them to cool themselves in the heat so they can quickly become overheated and it can be life threatening so best to keep her cool!

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Most likely it is just a matter of timing? She was in heat and now it's hot where you are. Short stubby muzzled dogs don't really tolerate high heat all that well? Greyhound's, Afgan's and Malinois all do well in high heat. And they all have a "pointy face." :)

Most likely it being hot where you are now is just a matter of timing?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts