Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my Baby is 10 months old, she is in her first heat, and has bled for three weeks ( I'll spay her this summer). It's my first boxer, i dont have any experience so i would want to ask:the weather in my country is becoming very warm now, and she is very lazy, like she has no energy. I don't take her out during the warmest period of the day, but if i let her run in the yard in the day, she gets tired very quickly and breaths very rapidly. Is it normal to be so inactive for boxers in warm weather or this has to do with health problems. She is a very happy dog and full with energy, but now she is some kind of tired. Could it be that she is still in heat?
I'm a very dedicated owner and would do anything for her well-being.
Maybe im overreacting, but i dont have the experience.

·
Registered
Juniper
32 Posts
Wow, she’s gorgeous! I don’t have an answer to your question because I also have a female boxer for the first time...but I’m curious to see what others with more experience say.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Its the heat, as in temperature that drags them down. Its just too hot. Boxers don't like extreme heat and don't do well in it at all. Overheating may lead to death so its very important to make sure they are not allowed to act too crazy outside and if its hot do their play exercise time in mornings or evening. You can tell if they are getting overheated by the panting and the tongue will turn bright red or sometimes blueish in color that means they are over doing it and she be removed to the inside don't ever give ice cubes or extremely cold water to an overheated dog. Cool them slowly place cool towels on them and give them water gradually. Don't expect them to know when they have had enough you really have to stay on top of this in a hot climate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts