Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This lil angel just melts my ❤. The looks she gives me and the nose to nose kisses without a lick to my face omg I can't take it. 🥰 I am learning that the love that a boxer has for there owner is truly unconditional love.💞 Forehead Nose Face Cheek Skin

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Well your observations are accurate! But more detail's please, how long have you had her? Is she rescue? What's the deal?

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
LOL, well I could have guessed, that the "Girl," would be the PIA. I actually "prefer," the girl's myself. As they are/can be more of a challenge, then the males, I have found. The males tend to be more eager to please you. The females are more eager to please themselves. (I have seen.)

It's kinda like "why should I do what you want, when whatever it is, I want to do is more Fun?" You have to make a "breakthrough," with the girl's. And once you do ... they are "fantastic!" But you have to work at it. So there is that. :)

So yes, you have "issue's" apparently but they are nothing new. The first thing you have to do, is take a "Deep Breath and Chill Out." And from there figure out how to "proceed?" I have been there done that worked out fine, with my (formerly Human Aggressive Working Line GSD?) He did not ... much care for people? And at the time, I was like what the he$$ is this? Worked out well in the long run. And it was "issue free." Although he never did like "toddler's!" But he learned to trust me! And from there learned to make "Good Choices." But that is another story.

But what I stumbled across, along the way. Were pretty much old time "Secrets," in training "Calmness into a dog." There is pretty much nothing new under the Sun, in dog training. But something's JQP never hears about and when the do? They often don't understand the value? :)

But moving on, OK so they are crazy indoors as well as outdoors's? Well going back to basic's "All problem's start at home, and how the dog's live with you. And if they have no discipline indoors? There is no reason to expect, they wil lbe better behaved outside?

So just to that point. But "skipping," that for the moment. If they are both currently Crate Trained? Which is kind of rare on here. Will they go in the Crate on Command? If they will, you can use that to stop BS indoors! Just say "Crate, or Kennel Up," to who ever starts "horseplay indoors!" They (She) will figure it out in short order. Now I don't if that work at the moment? Cuz I don't how you get into them into the Crate? But that would be a start based on what you are doing. You can't have horseplay indoors, if they do that indoors? They will just ramp it outside. I don't know if you can do that, but it is a start. :)

And walking "Two Dog's at once?" Well unless they are "well trained?" That can be difficult? So with the "Prong Collar" and your issue with it on the girl. My question would be "how does it fit?" Fitting a "Prong Collar Properly," is a bit of "PIA." It need's to be unclipped and then clipped in place, to be fitted "properly." If you can just slide it over the dog's ... it is to loose! If that is the case? It won't work. So what is the deal there?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts