Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people,

I have a 4 month old puppy and sometimes his ears are not in position, The doctor told me that if you give him the proper food you will not have any problems, But at the dog training they told me to do musking tape to bend them forward with a crease.
I have tried it but poor guy the tape got stuck to his fur and it took me a whole day to get it off slowly,
Is it normal to do tape?? I show my dog so his ears have to be in the right position.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
His ears look great to me!  :D  However, I've never gotten into the show ring so I don't know what the standard is for floppy ears. I have heard of people taping natural ears, but I don't know the procedure. Maybe use a stretchy sports band under the tape? I really don't know, maybe someone else can help.  Ears look great, handsome little guy you have!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I think they look great...By the way, what is the little cutie's name???? :)

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
his ears look freaking adorable to me...

they could look like this

·
Registered
220 Posts
omg, our dogs are almost twins..... how old is yours and whats its name?

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
cassieqh\";p=\"2990 said:
omg, our dogs are almost twins..... how old is yours and whats its name?
that is funny cass.. they really do look exactly the same... right down to the little white on the nose

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My baby's name is Saigey, and he said tnx for telling him he is cute lol, he is so proud of himself, boxers are all cute to me, yes the ears where perfect on that day at the show after taping them that is the correct way he should keep them as I was told but sometimes he keeps them standing out. I ll show you.

http://intrends.tripod.com/TAPING.html

Attachments

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Well he's adorable and Anne, he does look just like Cactus...Wow...The breeder we are getting Angel from was telling me a bit about taping the ears, I guess I should have paid more attention.....Too many boxers too play with, so little time... :lol:

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Ok.  The look in the first pic is one of interest.  The look in the second pic is one of laid-back.  Their cute little ears only come forward, like in the first pic, when something has caught their attention or they are interested in something.  The ears hanging off to the side just means the little guy or gal is just relaxed or bored.
That pup is very cute, by the way! :D
Zhanna

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Exactly that is how I done it at first he was complaining about it but the next day he gave up and let me do it, the results as you can see worked perfectly, Here in my country we have a dog show twice a month and the more He can win now the better because there is a big competition when he becomes junior so I have to work hard to keep him up to date on training and position.

·
Registered
977 Posts
In France like in England you can't crop ears anymore if you want your dog to get it's pedigree. I live in France and Voltaire has "floppy" ears. I read early on that when they're puppies you can massage the base of the ear a couple of times a day at least to help make a fold in the cartilidge so the ears don't stick out but hang quite flat. This worked for me. "Sticky out ears" is also a no no for a pedigree dog. As to the contrary and earcropping, if you intend to ear crop and haven't done it early you should be careful not to "break" the ear or even with bandaging and all that stuff it might not stand up right.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts