Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When Voltaire was a puppy he used to have a little light coloured bobble of flesh appear in the corner of his eye after he'd played a lot. It used to disappear back under when he slept and then reappear when he played again. Until it didn't seem to go away at all. It didn't bother him in the least by the way. I took him to the vet who explained it was a pretty common thing with dogs who have "saggy type eyes" - one of the tear duct glands pops out. He did a small op to snip it out and put in a couple of stitches. A month or so later - same thing with the other eye - same op, and since then no problems at all. That was 2 years ago. My brother in laws dog (not in the least related) had the same problem. Just wanted to post this in case anyone has the problem and doesn't know what it is...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I believe that's called cherry eye.  It's where the tearduct turns inside out.  My friend's dog, is a yorkie-poodle-pekinese mix had it in both eyes.  She had the surgery, and was told that it could come back.  I would check the vet health sites and see what if it explains it any better.  I hope that I helped.  Hope everyone is doing ok!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Sassyboxers is correct-it is called cherry eye and it can be common. I havent seen it come back after an op, but i guess it may be possible.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Chloesmom\";p=\"4523 said:
Sassyboxers is correct-it is called cherry eye and it can be common. I havent seen it come back after an op, but i guess it may be possible.
a friend of mine has a Newfoundland, and cherry eye is very common with that breed as well.  She did have an op done on him and it corrected it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts