Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other morning i woke up, let lexi out, and then fed her and took a shower.. my usual routine.. well when i got out of the shower i had the feeling that Lexi was up to no good. I went into the living room and there she was with a book in her mouth.. what is ironic is its a book on Boxers.. haha.. she def got through the first couple chapters.haha.. i scolded her and she hasnt done it since.. should i be woried?  it def was cute but i dont want this to become an issue. your thoughts..

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I think you did the right thing. It may be cute but you don't want her accidentally destroying books! Which those mouths ONLY get BIGGER! lol

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Henry likes to get into stuff that he sees us use/work with.
He sees my son doing homework, then when noone's around, he "eats" the homework, or book, or pencil, or eraser, you get the idea.
Once, Henry was out in the garage with my hubby while working on the motorcycles.  Hubby came back in when he was done, but Henry wanted to stay out.  A few mins later, we heard a noise and went out to see what it was.  Henry had ripped the tool pouch off the handlebars of one of the motorcycles! :eek:   I thought we were gonna have a dead pup on our hands!
Anyhow, we've since learned to put stuff up where Henry can't get it and it's been fine.
:D

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Hopefully it was a one time thing and Lexi learned it was a no-no.  I keep Kiah in the bathroom with me know when I take a shower; for some reason that is when she likes to explore and get in trouble  :lol:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lol, well at least she had good taste in reading material..Yes, it is kinda cute, but not something to encourage...Angel was a hellion when we broughther home, she chewed a few books, my favorite pair of sandals, the remote, a candle, and last but not least, almost demolished my glasses......

As much as you try to "puppy proof", they still will find things...I find both of mine rooting thru the trash in the bathrooms and the office, so always have to watch what goes in there...I do agree tho, that for some reason they see what we are doing or working on and then that's the next target...Buck watched us work all w.end on installing Malibu lights in the backyard and guess what he started in on? Yup you guessed it, the lights were toast  :lol: Then Tia watched as I spent all day planting flowers in these big pots, boom, they were history.....Big sigh, life with a Boxer, or 2, it's always an adventure  :)

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I have found that boxers are definitely a handful.  With two of them around our house, what one won't try the other will.  It's a never ending job keeping an eye on them - especially Sophie as she is now big enough to knock stuff off the counters and tables - nothing is safe from her.   We have a book case in the family room and books were definitely a source of entertainment for her for a short time.  We told her no and took them away from her a number of times before she finally started leaving them alone - but bottom line is I never leave them unattended in the house.  I think 2 two year olds would be easier to watch than my two.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
kiahsmom\";p=\"58965 said:
Hopefully it was a one time thing and Lexi learned it was a no-no.  I keep Kiah in the bathroom with me know when I take a shower; for some reason that is when she likes to explore and get in trouble  :lol:
HAHAHA... I do that or the crate too cuz' Odin would do the same thing. Lately I've let him roam free while I'm in the shower and all he does is harrass me. If he's locked in he sits and pouts but if the doors open he's in there pulling the curtain letting in all the cold air and trying to lick ME and the water. His head normally ends up SOAKED!

It's super cute... but annoying and chilly! LOL

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
the love to explore!! I thought i have a 3 yr old and an 11 month old...i came upstairs for all of 15 minutes last night and apparently one of them found the bag of Hawaiian Sweet Rolls i had set aside to cook for dinner b/c the package was mangled and there wasnt a roll in sight...All 12 of em gone!! I was so dang mad...i dont know who did it but i know both enjoyed it...they got put in time out and wasnt able to roam while we ate like they usually get to. Dont let the sad eyes get ya...they know what they are doing!! :lol: hopefully little lexi wont do it again, but i think it would be best to keep her maybe in the same room with you at all times, due to her age, so you can keep an eye on her.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Just earlier today Summer knocked a ceramic Christmas decoration off the table and broke it, it was a hand me down that has been around for quite a while, I know it was an accident though... also a couple months ago when her and my boyfriend were playing they knocked my dolphin snow globe off the table and broke it too. Molly has taken to the Christmas ornaments on the tree. Its quite a job having two but I love them and wouldnt trade them in for anything. As long as you told her that it wasnt ok and you continue to do so until she gets the point I think you went about things the right way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts