Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ya know i know thats what makes them unique but i love the way boxers use their hands. tyson will paw at us, move his arms like a human, or come and touch you with his paw. it melts my heart every time. It is the cutest characteristic of boxers by far!!!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
i agree...they almost show their love like humans the way they use their hands!! Chance uses his way more then Layla but she is starting to use hers more now that she is getting bigger and older. Chance swats the butterflies with his hands...i love that!!! He smacked hubby a good one last night. And every night before bed he gives me kisses and he puts one hand on each side of my face and kisses me...he is such a sweetie!!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
lol, Hazel uses her hands all the time, like when giving her a treat or anything she gets the treat in her mouth, then like puts her hand on mine, idk how to explain it but its so freakin cute!

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Yes.  I call it "boxing".  Henry does it all the time.  Has to have is feet in everything! :lol:   He can't play with out boxing.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Buck used to always have to have at least one paw touching me when he laid down by me, I always loved that...When I first got Samson, he used to(still does actually) lift one paw and we actually thought he was trying to shake, but nooooo, that's his way of asking you to pet him. Angel is a bit more direct, she just lets those paws fly, I've been clocked a few times by her, she's definely a more "touchy feely" boxer..Then when the 2 of them are playing, it's a riot, Angel gets up on her back legs and yup, she's boxing allright!  :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
My dog did the same thing.  When he would want attention he would come over and put his paw on my arm and I would pet and scratch his ears.  I would stop and then he would bat at my hand with his paw cause he did not want me to stop.  I did not realize this was a trait with boxers I just thought it was my dog.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I love that about boxers, too.  Mo does it more than Niko but they both do it.  They do it when they play and when they are being lovable and snuggely.  I just love it!  :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts