Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has watched their boxer chase a red laser light around the floor???  It is so funny and they chase it so hard (good exercise up and down stairs).  Actually Zara will chase any reflection from mirrors, watches etc that happens to move on the floor.  Our eldest son (teenager) was trying to talk to his girlfriend lying on his bed.  Zara happened to be in there on the bed....and so the little red dot came out to play on his bum.  We were killing ourselves laughing at the dog pouncing all over him but I don't think his girlfriend was too impressed, she hung up on him.  Who needs to take a boxer on a walk, just get that red laser going and your boxer will happily chase it for hours :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Mine love it too!  They always look so puzzled when they think that the got it for sure and there's nothing there.

I have a very mean and aloof cat and the laser is the only thing she will play with.

·
Registered
342 Posts
we use the laser pointer or a flashlight.  we have kaiser hold the flashlight in his mouth and run and haylee chases the beam,  great times.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
I've seen some videos of Boxers chasing lasers and they are just hilarious. I'm off to Pets Unlimited today so I think I'll have to pick one up for Sadie teehee...

Since I've been reading that walks should wait until quite a bit older, this will give her some exercise and us some entertainment!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
It is hilarious...Chance goes nuts with it. We got our at office max cuz i had gotten 3 different ones from petsmart and none worked. So we paid a little more for a good one from office max. As soon as Chance sees me pick up my keys he gets excited(it is on my key ring) so we have alot of fun with it

·
Registered
343 Posts
I wanted to get one, but I heard if you use it alot the dog gets brain problems cause he is always looking for the thing or something... hope its not true cause It would be so funny!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Some say they are not good to use because the dog can get obsessive with it. Everything in moderation!  :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OMG I think my dog has got Stereobonie Disorder!!!!  These are her symptoms with her toy plastic bone:

- pawing or scratching at the area/s from where the bone is about to be thrown for more than 1 minute before the bone is thrown

- patrolling the area/s where the bone was last thrown more than 1 sec earlier

- repeatedly returning to the area/s where the bone has been thrown for no apparent reason other than to chase the bone again (and again and again...)

- developing strong chasing behaviors for other sticks or toys

If your dog displays any of the above signs then it is time to stop using a plastic bone as the dog's owner is at risk of developing a serious behavioral problems. You should consult an experienced animal behaviorist if using a plastic bone is important to any of your playing goals.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Yeah... I saw an episode of the Dog Whisperer where the dog was OBSESSED. So much so that he was CONSTANTLY looking for the little red dot... on walks... at the store... in the car... in every room of the house... I don't even think he was about to just sit and eat because while he would eat he was looking for the light!!! I was like "OMG!! That's freakin' crazy!" Poor thing!!!

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Yeah, we used to do it sometimes with Henry.  We had to take the batteries out of the thing and tell him it was all gone.  He still looked for the red dot for a week!  No more of that!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts