Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that it's a boxer trait to sit on laps of people, but I've also heard it's a "dominance" thing... But when Baz sits on our laps it doesn't seem like it is a dominance thing.  It seems like he just loves to be as close as possible.  Any ideas on this?

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Not sure if its a dominance thing all the time.  Jessie is definitely not dominant over me and she likes to sit with me on the chair or couch.  But she wont sit on me if im on the floor she'll sit next to me.  

Maggie on the other hand, will sit on anyone not matter where they are sitting!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's how Baz is! He'll just sit on anyone any time, he just loves to be close.  When we adopted him I was in doing paper work and I came out and saw he was sitting on Shanes lap and it was so cute.  I think it's really sweet, I just want to make sure we don't have any problem.  He doesn't seem dominant ever he just loves us.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Isis is the sameway..i swear she thinks shes a 10 pound lap dog...lol...she HAS to be ON us...anywhere ..inconvenient while driving :roll:

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is so funny! I bet Baz would want to sit on us while we drive, we tie him in the back seat just to be sure he's ultra safe! I'm glad it's a normal boxer thing, it would hate to have to displine him for something so sweet.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I don't think it is a dominance thing, but more of a trait. Maddie will sit on my lap, foot, leg, arm, even head!  8O  Yes...it's happened! Buster was the same way, he had to at least sit on your foot!

·
Registered
770 Posts
Daisy loves being a lap dog too! I don't think it's about dominance more like "Oooh I'll lie on my mummies nice warm lap where it's nice and cosy!" LOL!

Heather

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Kiah loves to be close especially now that it is colder; she will lay her head on me or her feet.

·
Registered
317 Posts
If Baby can't get on one of our laps she'll lay as close to our feet as she can.  I think they like the closeness of it too

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Baz has to touch us all the time too, it's so cute, he always will sit on our feet or if he's a few inches away on the bed or the couch he'll scoot over to be closer! It's so cute!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Reese loves to try and sit on our laps, savannah not so much. She loves to try and jump on the couch (no-no in my house) to lay next to us or she lays at our feet. I think it is one of their ways to show us nothing but love

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I've seen the "sitting" dominance thing before but never with Odin. Odin sits on us all the time... sooo not a dominance thing but more of a big CUDDLE BUTT thing!! LOL

Does this look dominant to you? lol

When we looked into boxers we read and heard that they were LARGE LAP DOGS. We thought, how cool is that!?? It is great but like last night... the couch was FULL and yet Odin found a comfy spot that made everyone else UNCOMFORTABLE! LOL GOTTA LOVE IT THOUGH!!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Before I officially adopted Delilah, I put her on hold to go look at another shelter.  When I came back I almost changed my mind b/c she was soo skinny and covered in poop.  We went to the lobby and I sat in a chair, and she just climbed up in my lap!  How could I say no after that!
Felix doesn't get in my lap much, but always has to be touching when laying on the couch or in bed.  In bed he will circle next to me and flop down on top of me and slide off- I think thats how he gets as close as possible!  In the kitchen he will sit with his back touching the back of my legs while i'm at the sink.
I was worried when he was younger- he didn't care to be pet or loved on at all- No time for that mom!  but he is such a cuddly thing now :)

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's usually a funny thing, he'll plop down on me when he really wants attention.  Sometimes I'll make him get down and invite him back up so he doesn't think he's in charge.  I think it's the cuddly thing mostly.  This picture is right before we decided to play with him, he's such a joker!  A lot of times he'll try to get close sitting next to me and lean on me harder and harder then he'll decide he just isn't close enough and he'll sit on my lap, it's so funny!

Attachments

·
Registered
977 Posts
Haha!! Of course they're lapdogs! (Love the photo Marie!) Laps are almost what boxers love most - after play and treats!
This is my husband and Voltaire - every evening for about 2 hours. He's not really allowed on the sofas so he's found a way around the rule by not putting his feet on the sofas - and who says they're not clever :lol:

This is on my Dad's lap - last Xmas - they only see each other once a year but there's a definite bond :lol:

And this is with my Mum, last Xmas too....

And lastly with my brother....

.....any lap will do, except mine because i fidget too much :wink:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lol, I love that part of Boxers, altho in Samson's case it gets to be a bit hard on the legs when you have 90 lbs on you  :lol: Buck used to lay down next to me and had to have at least a paw touching me, thought that was cute.....Tia fell in love with my dad and was always trying ot crawl in his lap...Samson really isn't a cuddler, but if I get on the floor, then it's an open invitation to drape himself all over me. Angel truly thinks she is a lap dog and will not hesitate to crawl in any available lap, or sprawl across you in the bed....Dominance? Nahhhhhhhhhh....Great pics everyone

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I love all these pictures! They are so cute! Baz hasn't fallen asleep on our laps, his head will be on our lap most of the time or laying on our feet.  I think it's because I'm always sewing or have my laptop on my lap!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Yeah...

That is me... sitting on the stairs and Maggie laying on me!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts