Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey do your boxers wear a coat in the winter? What is the best way to get him use to it?  We live in Kansas and it's really really cold already, we ordered Baz a coat I just didn't know what's the best way to get him use to it.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Mine seem to enjoy the extra fuss. I haven't had any problems putting their Jammies on at nite :)

·
Registered
663 Posts
I think sometimes it is a good idea to put the coat where they can lay on it and get their smell all over it first, then introduce them to wearing it after they are used to being near it.....

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a really good idea! I'll do that, I can't wait for his new coat to get here!

·
Registered
362 Posts
I may actually have to break down and get one for my little hairless Cooper.  Doesn't get especially cold, but he doesn't have much protection right now.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
mine don't wear coats, but it doesn't get as cold here as other places.  stays in the 40's or close to freezing.  We aren't out much in the winter, they have the fenced yard to potty in so can come in as soon as they like.  I'm taking Felix to the dog park but imagine he will be plenty warm enough running around.  I know I don't need a coat to ride horses yet.  I may get him some booties though :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought Bonzer a hooded sweatshirt and he doesn't have a problem with it now. I put it on him and he wore it around the house for a couple days.  I got him a new one though so that is slips on easily.  I don't have to try to get his legs through the sleeves it just connects on the bottom and around the neck.

Now if anyone has any tricks to get him used to the snow I am open for suggestion?  We got 16 inches over the weekend and it just keeps coming!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts