Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boxersaver, After careful review of your postings, we have found many inconsistencies in the story/stories that you have shared with us.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Re: Boxersaver....Clarification of Posting Required!

Hello everyone!  I woke up this morning to find this posting here in the forum.  Not a very good way to start the day off.  To say the least, I was shocked and a bit outraged by it. I found it very disturbing  that  a person(s) could/would get so involved in another

·
Registered
1,471 Posts

I don't think it needs to be private.  There were people wondering about the same questions (not me), and now it's explained.  I don't think that Boxersaver needed to explain herself, but she did and I am sure it cleared up some concerns.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thank you for responding and I apologize if you felt that you were being attacked.  That was not the intention, our position here is to follow up on information, rules and postings representing admin of the site.  The intention was only to clarify the information so that there was no confusion and we could make sure that the rules for the forum were being followed.  The situation in itself is a very odd one and one that is generally not seen with rescues.

Since this forum provides rescue orginzation information to members and promotes rescue, while at the same time discourages BYB and the selling of puppies on the forum, the rescue orginazation was questioned on its practice of adopting out pregnant and un-altered animals.  If they were an orginzation that does not promote the altering of its animals, then they would not be promoted on this forum, hence not allowing a link to their site to be posted.  Jay is the contact on their site.  If you visit it his email is the one displayed. He is the one that stated they did not adopt out a pregnant female and they would not do it.  The two people you have indicated which are now Jackie and Andrea did not respond to the inquiry on the way they handle their adoptions....

The information is not so much in "getting into your personal business" as it is making sure that legitimate rescue orginzations are respresented here and that BYB's are not.

We can appreciate that you and others may feel this information should be addressed in private. However, this is a public forum and any member who read the postings, was provided the link to that rescue or was inquiring about the puppies are entitiled to the correct information.

·
Registered
725 Posts

Just wondering why this particular topic was made public while an avid user getting deleted had to be made a private matter?

·
Registered
5,692 Posts

Dogs and Cats Forever, Inc. is a no kill animal sanctuary open to the public between the hours of 10:00 am and 4:00 pm, Tuesday through Sunday and located in St. Lucie County, Florida. The sanctuary was founded by >>> Laura Linscott <<< on the principle that every animal is entitles to a loving and safe home.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts

also straight from their website

URGENT PLEASE READ THIS LETTER!

WE NEED YOUR HELP

For more than 12 years, Dogs & Cats Forever No Kill Animal Shelter has rescued, housed, fed, provided medical care for, and found loving, adoptive homes for thousands of homeless dogs and cats from the Treasure Coast and South Florida. In order to accomplish this, our organization has spent large sums of money, which came primarily from donations from members and the public, to improve the site which our founder promised to us, and also to care for our canine and feline guests.

Recently, however, the land on which our shelter is located was sold by our founder because we refused to spend more of your contributions until the land was titled in our name. As the money to maintain and improve the site came from members and the general public, we are greatly disappointed that our founder refused to deed us the land and deeded the land to another. We had no choice but to file a lawsuit to have our founder keep her promise to us (and you!) and deed us the site. Although our attorneys have agreed to reduce their rates in order to help us, we now have legal costs in addition to paying for food, medical care, and housing expenses for our animals. Furthermore, if we do not prevail, we may be forced to purchase a new site, build a new facility, and move our more than 150 animals to a new home

so their founder deeded the land to someone else? instead of this place she founded? and wasnt it said that the "FOUNDER" is who you went through? is there a new founder? i dont get it..

OR is it as simple as this place is having MAJOR legal and money issues and really wanted Brindie to have a safe haven to have her babies and sent them to you?

but still who are all these founders? the only founder it states is Laura Linscott...not Jackie or Andrea...i dunno

·
Registered
31 Posts

The person I dealt with's name was Jackie.  She never stated that she was the founder.   I just assumed she was because she was the actual
person who called me and who brought the dog to me.  She was not one of the original girls that I overheard talking about Brindie- they were
much younger.  Also when I left my foster/adoption application, I was told that the founder/director would be contacting me so when Jackie called
me and came to our home I had no reason to think she wasn't.  Since this morning I have left her 4 messages with no return call.  I give up.
I am done with that place.  Who in their right mind would not "recall" a boxer being at their shelter?  I do find it rather strange that Jackie will not
return my calls.  Perhaps she is on the chopping block now.  I don't want to accuse anyone of wrong-doing, but I paid the adoption fee in cash and
the thought crossed my mind several times today that she might not have turned in the paperwork for the adoption and pocketed the money. Again,
I don't want to make any accusations but it did cross my mind.

·
Registered
31 Posts

I found this poem several days ago and I think it is perfect ending to this madness. :)

THE HALF BREED

They call me a Boxer,
But I'm a Half-Breed.
Part Boxer of course,
and part people indeed.

Anyone who owns me knows it's true.
We're so close to being people,
we're like part of you.
"He's one of the family,"
you've heard people say.
"Don't know how we'll manage when he passes away."

But they'll get another Boxer,
a pure bred at first.
Not the most well-behaved puppy,
but far from the worst.

Then the change will take place,
the same as before.
They'll end up with the same human HALF-BREED once more!

·
Registered
1,349 Posts

I understand both sides and concerns. However this should have been a private matter. things were explained and hopefully to everyone's satisfaction. What I see here is that there is a forum member who is trying to learn about raising boxers and also puppies to boot. I understand the sensitivity that comes with the breeding topic and agree with that as well. However,

·
Registered
725 Posts

I agree with the privacy issue.... Boxersaver was put on the spot and the chopping block in front of ALL of us...just was not fair! I understand this forum to be fun, helpful, and educational, a place to enjoy pics and stories...not this way...

·
Registered
522 Posts

When I read the post this morning,I was taken aback ....it should have been done in private!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts

I too think this is something that should have been resolved privately.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts

well with what the site states, in their own words..it seems that they are having major issues with money and legally...so things being done out of sorts or even secretly doesnt seem too far fetched..and might be that people in general didnt know that brindie even existed if she was brought straight to your house instead of to the shelter? and "Jackie" did not want people to know she did it...since everyone there are jsut volunteers ... :? But you paid and adoption fee..there was no papers to sign?

i dunno ....  /:)

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I honestly think this was handled properly I am sorry many of you disagree but many of us noticed things others did not and wanted answers. I'm sorry some of you seemed pained by this but I assure you we inquired properly and are treating this matter very reasonably.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts

LoveMyBoy\";p=\"103528 said:
Just wondering why this particular topic was made public while an avid user getting deleted had to be made a private matter?
I'm sure I know the "avid user" who was deleted that you are referring to, and yes that was a private matter. That was between the member and the staff of this forum.
The issue here is a public one in that some members of this forum had expressed an interest in purchasing her puppies, which this forum in no way will support. Also, there was and still is a lot of inconsistencies in her posts about Brindie and her pups. It was posted publicly in the hopes that we could get some answers to these questions, and hopefully move forward. Not everyone will agree with the way it was handled, and you are free to feel the way you feel.
I also need to say that this forum will allow a lot of "free speech" per se, on subjects that can not even be brought up on other forums. This is a very laid back place to be, but when it comes to certain issues such as breeding and puppies, they are not taken lightly.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
These are from your posts... inside of them... I have highlighted many(but not all) of your inconsistencies.

[quote:3skm07g2]When Brindie came into my life, I contacted the breeder  where Brindie was purchased told her the previous owners name, and she said she remembered Brindie and told me the story behind her.  They had actually planned on keeping her.  They said she was "the pick of the litter", "show quality".  Unfortunately, when the pups were around 4 wks old, one of Brindie

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I was one of the moderators that felt this needed to be public for the reasons that Lisa (Tootsie) stated.   I stand behind how this topic was handled and what was said.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
ok let me clearify why people are confused..GOOD LORD

here's Jackie # 1.....

[quote="boxersaver\";p=\"102416":3e4w379f]I know there is a lot of controversy on the subject of BYB

1 - 20 of 119 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.