Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many times I've seen Maggie jump up on the couch without any problems.  Tonight when I was sitting on the couch with hubby and Maggie was playing with a toy, got all excited and jumped about 4 feet from the couch and landed right into hubby's lap.

But then there are moments where this dog acts like she has no idea how to jump up on the couch.  She'll try and crawl up like a small kid would or she'll look at you for help.  Like 10 mins ago.  I was laying down, reading a book and Maggie decides to wants to cuddle, but oh... she doesn't want to get herself up the couch... no no no, I had to push up her bum and give her a boost.  What a lazy animal  :lol:

·
Registered
109 Posts
It is so funny to read stuff about other people's Boxers.     They really are some funny mammals.    I like to think that all the funny, crazy, stupid things that my Cuda does is one of a kind,  then I read posts describing the same silly antics from other Boxers.   I am 6' and Cuda can jump straight up and lick my forhead but gave me that same lazy look tonight when she wanted to lay by me on the couch.   I had to grab her furry little butt and help her up on the 1 1/2' tall Couch Mountain.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh man, is that not the truth? Samson, bless his heart is a champion at getting someone to help him, playing the "I can't get up Momma" thing...First it was the Jeep, he acted like he couldn't jump up, so we boost him up, then he decides he can do it himself....Then it's the bed, Marq was literally picking him up and placing him on the bed, so I buy steps, now he can jump up!!!! Hmmmmmm....Do they know how to play us or what?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Oh they do know how to play us.....Mosley can jump into our bed from the doorway, but sometimes plays the " poor little puppy dog can't jump up on the bed" game.  

His latest is now jumping out of the truck window(while parked of corse).

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Savannah used to give us the "eyes" and whine a bit to get us to help her up on the bed or couch, but we stopped and so now she give us another not so nice look when she is getting up there. :)

Reese on the other hand wants on the couch or bed so bad, but she refuses to do it herself. 9-10 times she ends up staying on the ground because i wont help her up. I will look at her and go "well come on up here then, come on!! " she gives up and walks away very quickly :)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Madeline does this too!!  especially in the morning when she knows we're getting ready for work.  she's already sulking because we're leaving so she'll hoist herself up like it's the hardest thing she'll do all day.  but when we get home and she's ready to lounge with us, she bounds up like a jack rabbit!!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Fiona joins the crew too....There are days she can jump just fine and other times that she acts as if even the smallest effort is just to much.  I normally give in and lift her up....Other times I tell her to "come on" and she will look at me and walk away as if I have insulted her.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hoosier will sometime lay in bed  or on his pillow and lift only his head to see what's going on...when he is in relax mode, that's it!

Check the sig and avatar for evidence!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts