Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I was informed that the following breeder Cadogans Boxers was not a reputable breeder. I am on their website and they seem to be pretty awesome to me however I wanted some expert opinions as to why I may want to steer away from them.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,025 Posts
For me, you can tell a lot about a breeder by their pictures. Dirty puppies with crusted noses tells me the puppies aren't kept in the cleanest of environments and/or the breeder doesn't care enough to wipe those faces prior to snapping some pictures. I also stay away from breeders who do not invest in their own breeding program. I know all to well the costs involved with importing etc but there is far more involved. The whelping area for me is important and so is where the puppies are nurtured and raised. If I see puppies in a kiddie pool or just in a cheap x-pen it makes me go hmmm.... where else is this breeder cutting costs?

Websites can be very misleading. A breeder might invest more into making them appear reputable than actually putting in the work. Candid pictures can show you so much. Which is why when I look at other breeders, I check their websites out, do a google search of their kennel name to look if there are any complaints and then I run the breeder name and kennel name through Facebook and look at their pictures.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts