Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I am new to the board, having researched this breed and deciding on purchasing a puppy. Does anyone know of breeders in Georgia with puppies available (reasonably priced)? I am located in West Georgia, so even breeders in Alabama would be okay.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Have you checked with your Boxer Club? I know there is one in GA...That doesn't always guarantee a reputable breeder, but it's a place to start and I also suggest attendiing shows to talk to owners and breeders for input as well...Is this your first Boxer?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes this would be my first boxer. I have researched the breed, but am not sure where to begin in finding one. I showed Persian cats all over the U.S. years ago before I had children, so I am aware of the difference between breeding for profit, and breeding for type. I am just looking for a pet to spay/neuter - nothing more.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Since you are considering a pet only have you thought about going through a boxer rescue, they often have younger dogs but not always puppies. Rescues do a great job of matching the person to the dog.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts