Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I was on facebook today and there is a breeder here in Kansas that is closing down and looking for homes for her adult boxers and a couple juveniles. They are free to a good home.

Kelly's Boxers

If anyone in the area is interested, please contact them. I just told them I'd be willing to post this on the boxer forum.

I wish I was at a place where I could help more then adding a post here.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She does with all of her pets I believe. I hope so too. She screens her future pet owners a lot also.

·
Registered
771 Posts
This is Extremely maddening & sad. This looks to me like either a BYB or she's feeding others to be Bybs. There is no mention of health testing anywhere or what food she even feeds her dogs. All her dogs are kept in kennels outside - in Kansas? Are you f'ing serious?! Their whole lives - been kept in kennels - the one female is 10 yrs old and not spayed. It does not appear SHE is having these dogs fixed before they obtain homes so she is opening up more BYB situations AND the one puppy she IS offering as a good stud dog. Can anyone legally stop this ?????? Any why is she so suddenly getting out of the business?!!! Puppy mill? Not meeting regulations?? Complaints? Health issues? Seems soooo shady to me. And even though she isn't going to breed, why can't she keep her dogs? - get them fixed and bring them inside? She she have no attachment to them at all? Who cares about all the "champions" this breeder claims to have. POS breeder is what it says to me - makes me so angry these pple exist

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
771 Posts
There is no application or application info on the website either - their info section states they screen buyers - but with what?! How? What standards? That is pure BS and advertisement I'm sure - to look good. Plus, how can you just "give" a dog away? You are opening up takers to be people who obviously can't afford a dog or it's responsibilities to appeal to the "free" crowd. How can u screen pple that are only looking for a dog because its free? Also, as an owner who has spent countless yrs and money on a dog - how can you just "give" them away - like throwing them away in the trash??? The only ones she is charging for are the unaltered "puppies" who would be good studs. P A T H E T I C!

·
Registered
771 Posts
In the end, it IS all about these poor dogs, who have most likely been treated like crap most of their lives - and been imprisoned and bred over and over. I seriously hope they land in the hands of good people who can get them out of that hell hole and they can finally know what carpet feels like, and green grass, and love from humans. An outside kennel is no place for any dog, but ESP a boxer - and ESP a boxer in freaking Kansas - I spent most of my life in Iowa - they have about 60 in of snow on the ground right now and have had about the coldest winter on record - with windchills dipping to -40 many many days this winter. Not a place for anyone. These pple should be ashamed of themselves.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just posted the info in case someone can help. It is terrible that they are in kennels in Kansas. The weather here is horrible in the winter and horrible in the summer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts