Discussion Starter #1
I was searching puppyfind.com and I saw this ad

BORN THANKSGIVING DAY akc reg excellent bloodlines
have had first shots and been wormed 4 times. have
tail and dew claws removed by vet . very
healthy have companion bloodlines.have pure white
with one bright blue and one brown eye..RARE FOR
THE BREED.add $300 for shipping!!

I contacted them and told their is a chance their pup could turn deaf.THe lady I got Rocky from had an all white female with one brown eye and one blue and she turned part deaf.and can you guess what kind of email I got back?

she is not deaf and will never be deaf so your info is wrong.Why bother me if
your not interested in buying her.YOU HAVE NO LIFE EVIDENTALLY!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
boxerbaby18\";p=\"2516 said:
I was searching puppyfind.com and I saw this ad

BORN THANKSGIVING DAY akc reg excellent bloodlines
have had first shots and been wormed 4 times. have
tail and dew claws removed by vet . very
healthy have companion bloodlines.have pure white
with one bright blue and one brown eye..RARE FOR
THE BREED.add $300 for shipping!!

I contacted them and told their is a chance their pup could turn deaf.THe lady I got Rocky from had an all white female with one brown eye and one blue and she turned part deaf.and can you guess what kind of email I got back?

she is not deaf and will never be deaf so your info is wrong.Why bother me if
your not interested in buying her.YOU HAVE NO LIFE EVIDENTALLY!
WOW.... i have no words!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Wow.... it makes me wonder why you don't have to have a license to breed dogs or take some sort of class or something?  Does anyone have a good idea on how to reduce the number of breeders who practice unethically?
~Anne
Cactus' mommy

·
Registered
744 Posts
Unfortunately, some states are trying to institute breeder licensing, which sounds like a great idea at first, but when you stop to think about the fact that most responsible breeders actually LOSE money in breeding (because of the expense of health testing, showing, training, breeding the proper way), it's not such a good idea at all. Laws like this would only get rid of those who are already not making a profit (responsible breeders) and they would do nothing to deter those who are making a profit (backyard breeders and puppy millers).

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Amen Jess....Responsible breeders are never in it for the money. It's the joy and love of the breed that keeps them going. This woman obviously knew that there was a problem with her puppy or she wouldn't have responded the way she did...For her, it's all about the money...Very sad, but very true too many of the times..

She's also very ignorant by claiming that her white boxer is rare...Ok, the eyes are different colors, but that's not all that unusual...You did good by responding to her add with some general information, as is the case a lot of times, the advice is ignored, but we have to keep trying to educate people!!!!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
samsonsmom\";p=\"2553 said:
Amen Jess....Responsible breeders are never in it for the money. It's the joy and love of the breed that keeps them going. This woman obviously knew that there was a problem with her puppy or she wouldn't have responded the way she did...For her, it's all about the money...Very sad, but very true too many of the times..

She's also very ignorant by claiming that her white boxer is rare...Ok, the eyes are different colors, but that's not all that unusual...You did good by responding to her add with some general information, as is the case a lot of times, the advice is ignored, but we have to keep trying to educate people!!!!
that was my first thought as well!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts