Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any breeders with pups available now in NY/NJ/CT/PA?

I found a breeder in PA named Crist Lapp.  Has anyone dealt with him?

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
From what I know about that name its linked to a breeder who breed not just boxers yet many different breeds.   No health testing and yeah you can get a dog that has the right paint job as a boxer for 400 buck, but no guarantee its going to be healthy, have a solid temperment, nor grow up to have the true characteristic that a boxer should have.

Check out the breeder section above.  There is some links that could be good starting points.  Also do not rule out rescue either.   Check www.infodog.com for any upcoming shows as well as your local boxer club.  Take time, do research for your perfect puppy because IMO it soooo worth it:)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
[quote="steph0808\";p=\"198614":8mnb6b1t][quote:8mnb6b1t]I found a breeder in PA named Crist Lapp.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
AMISH PUPPY MILL...RUN FAR FAR AWAY.......

Dont even think about what they do with the puppies they dont sell, its not your problem...buying from them is just supporting there puppy mills, so they can con more people in buying a puppy mill dog......and continue the disgusting cycle!

Seriously though , please dont look back on that site, you wanna stay far away, we are just trying to save you heartache.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Brooklyn\";p=\"198626 said:
Just curious...what do puppy mills do with puppies that do not sell?
Just put your question in a search engine, some of the stories are so horrific they will make you ill.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm in contact with a breeder now that has a 5 month old pup.  Is it true that breeders keeps the best pup of the litter as the last pup or are they feeding me bs?  Also, are there any cons of getting a pup that old?

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Nope, its happens esp if a male.  Sometimes the nuggets dont always drop, and if not, then they must be neutered and kept in a pet home.  Sometimes they just did not turn out the way they wanted, or maybe were borderline show/pet but decided to invest in a pup that they had more confidence on.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Hanna.  It's a female.  I'm waiting for pictures..

·
Registered
592 Posts
Hi there - we got our boy from Jersey and he is awesome.  Try Erin Boxers.  Maximus' dad was a show dog and we got his AKC papers and all so know they are legit.  We called many place before we found him so we did our home work!  =)  He has such a great temperment and very very healthy.  A total sweetheart  (We are from Manhattan).  He is going to be a big boy - Sire - 85 pounds, Dam - 75...  =)  Best of luck to you!!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maximus - I sent you a pm. :)

Steph, thanks but I'm looking for a fawn.  

If anyone in tri state area is looking for a white boxer pm me.  I found a breeder that is selling one for $500.  It's from the same litter as the fawn which is selling for $2,500.  :(

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Not common for breeders to place a white less than a colored. Its all depends.  Many will just place on cost of spay/neuter or cost.  Other value whites the same as colored - all depends on the breeder but not uncommon to see them less  - however they should come with limited registration papers and a s/n contract;)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Steph, I will tell you the breeder after I make my decision.  I don't want someone to snatch the pup from me.  :)  I do not know it's pedigree since they don't have a website and when the go into it on the phone....I'm like what? :)   There is one stipulation that's a deal breaker.  I will have to breed her once! :( After a dog has a litter does their physical apperance look different?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts