Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Not sure who old you this but it isn't true. Hunting and guard breeds were cropped to help prevent injury.

It has nothing to do with how the ears grow from puppy to adulthood.
I read it somewhere, I don't remember where, but thanks for the information.. i love learning new things about boxers!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a white boxer named Murphy and I wouldn't trade him for all the money in the world! He's smart, lovable, beautiful can hear a pin drop doesn't miss a thing and is a terrific watch dog! I also have another boxer Max who I wouln't trade for all the money in the world either. I love both of them with all my heart and soul!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
As a owner of the grand child of the us Canadian and auzzie champion 20 years ago this is what I was told. Also my pup came from new jersey. Not only because of deafness but because of bully cross breading. Does anyone remember how the american watch dog bread was started from Tennessee 25 years ago. White boxers bread with american staff bulls. This was to start a bread of dog to skate local laws and insurence policyholders liability of owning a pit bull. The dog looked like a boxer but was over muscular abd weighting 125 pounds.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
3 Posts
Part 2 also this dog skated local laws because it was not a pit but an american bull dog. You take a croped and docked 100 pound boxer and they could pass for a pit to an untrained eye. And 25 years ago a pit was equally as dangerous as 20 pounds of dynamite to untrained handlers hands.
Just my 2 cents

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a boxer with floppy ears and a long waggy tail with a white tip, I would be lost without her ears to tickle, they are so soft a squishy.
My first boxerhad a docked tail and when she wagged it her whole bum used to go. I love mollys tail I thought I would find it strange it is a bit, but so lovely to see it wag. The white tip is so handy for seeing her in the garden in the dark ;)
I once fostered an american bulldog until a suitable home could be found, he was huge.... he had been locked in a crate most of his life he was 18 months and we were told 8 months, I couldn't deal with the thought of him in a cage and we weren't able to home such a huge dog at the time but he was softer than my cat and people say they have a bad reputation, its not the dog but the way its expected to be brought up.
Sorry compleatly off topic lol x

·
Registered
27 Posts

I just wanted to share with you out foster American Bulldog defiantly a lot bigger than I hope our boxer turns out. I know hes not a boxer but he was the closest I came in the 23 years of waiting! x

21 - 30 of 30 Posts